Johnson & Johnson is recruiting for a Scientist, High Dimensional Biology Data Sciences, located in Spring House, PA or Boston, MA.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $82.1 billion in 2020 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Research & Development, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
Our High Dimensional Biology team within Discovery Science participates in drug discovery projects from target identification to preclinical development. We identify innovative treatments across our therapeutic areas in close collaboration with biologists and chemists. We are looking for scientists with a talent for analyzing high-dimensional datasets using state-of-the-art data science methods, and a passion for finding innovative therapeutics to treat diseases with high unmet medical need across all five Janssen therapeutic areas.
Do you want to join our team and develop new computational methodologies to exploit multiparametric data for drug discovery, mode of action studies, and target identification? You will work closely with biologists, chemists, machine learning and IT teams to apply and help evolve our high content imaging analysis platform.In This Exciting Role, You Will
- Learn and apply state-of-the-art data sciences approaches for drug discovery in a multidisciplinary team!
- Analyze high dimensional data such as cell painting images and other assay readouts, and identify promising compounds using AI/ML-based biosignature approaches.
- Act as the department point-of-contact with program teams.
- Analyze and present data at program team meetings, in-house seminars, leadership meetings and external scientific conferences, and publish research in high-quality journals.
- Mentor colleagues and contribute to the development of the biosignature portfolio.
- Ph.D. in quantitative sciences (e.g. computer science, (bio)statistics, machine learning) or similar and at least 2 years postdoctoral experience OR M.S. in quantitative sciences or related field with at least 9 years of pharmaceutical industry experience, OR B.S. in quantitative sciences or related field with at least 12 years of pharmaceutical industry experience, is required.
- Expertise in the analysis of high dimensional, multivariate data (e.g., high content imaging, flow cytometry, transcriptomics and/or single cell analysis) is required.
- A working knowledge of cell biology and biochemistry is required.
- Experience as a problem solver, and team collaborator able to facilitate understanding between biologists and data scientists is required.
- A proven ability to apply novel approaches to address complex biology questions, as evidenced through strong peer-reviewed publications, is required.
- Excellent written communication, verbal communication, and oral presentation skills are required.
- Regular travel to Spring House, PA once every 1-2 months if located in Boston, MA will be required.
- Hands-on imaging and/or cell assay development is desired.
- Expertise in immunology, cardiovascular, infectious diseases, neuroscience and/or oncology therapeutic areas is desired.
- Experience working with and/or guiding external collaborators in industry or academia is desired.
- Experience mentoring or leading one or more team members is desired
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.Primary Location
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-Welsh & McKean RoadsOther Locations
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)Job Function