This position is in the Kalamazoo QO Rapid Turn Laboratory working on second shift. Opportunity for schedule flexibility exists as the Laboratory supports business and customer needs on weekends and holidays. Technologies employed in the Rapid Turn Laboratory include HPLC, GC, titrations, Karl Fisher, UV, and general analytical procedures.
Works effectively in a fast-paced, customer-oriented, team laboratory environment to analyze in-process materials, solvents, raw materials, APIs, and/or finished product samples in direct support of the company's production units. Performs, documents, record checks, and troubleshoots qualitative or quantitative assays on samples using techniques that vary from use of standard laboratory equipment to highly modern and automated instrumentation. Interprets and evaluates data in terms of accuracy, precision, trends, and potential GMP impact and recommends appropriate corrective action where necessary. Participates in laboratory investigations as required. This position may also be responsible for writing routine assay protocols or conducting assay or instrument qualifications. The applicant may train others as skills and knowledge allows.
* AAS, BA/BS, or MS in Chemistry, Biochemistry, or a Related Science.
* The preferred candidate will have familiarity with at least one high complexity technology (e.g. HPLC, uHPLC, GC, etc.) or, with two or more low to medium complexity technologies (e.g. TLC, titrations, wet chemistry/physical testing, water testing, etc.) as required by the business unit.
* The successful candidate must also have demonstrated the ability to quickly learn new skills/techniques.
* High productivity and the ability to multi-task coupled with a low error rate and attention to detail are critical characteristics of this position.
* Must demonstrate flexibility/agility and engagement in a changing environment.
* The candidate needs good laboratory technique to avoid cross-contamination or misidentification of samples.
* Able to comprehend and perform both routine and non-routine analyses from compendia and internal sources.
* Candidate must have the ability to perform laboratory and office work which includes walking, standing, and sitting throughout a shift.
* Candidate must have the ability to effectively manipulate laboratory testing apparatus (manual pipettes, graduated cylinders, flasks, etc) from a standing position both on the bench and in a laboratory fume hood.
* Candidate must have the ability to lift items less than 25 kg.
* Candidate must have the ability to read, comprehend, and follow procedures.
* Candidate must have the ability to perform complex data analysis.
* Candidate must have the ability to apply logic and critical thinking to complex tasks.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
* This position requires colleagues to work second shift (3:00 - 11:30 PM).
* This position may require colleagues to work weekends and/or holidays to meet business or customer needs.
* This position is eligible for shift premium.
* All Laboratory colleagues adhere to safe work practices such as wearing appropriate personal protective equipment including lab coat, safety glasses, and gloves.
* There is no routine travel associated with this position.
* Last day to apply: 11/2/2021
* Employee Referral Bonus eligible
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Quality Assurance and Control