ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
ClimateWorks Foundation is a global organization committed to our mission: to end the climate crisis by amplifying the power of philanthropy. Since our founding in 2008, we have awarded over $1 billion in grants to more than 500 organizations advancing climate solutions around the world. We helped grow the field of climate philanthropy to where it stands today, establishing infrastructure, global networks, and momentum for continued growth. Through our Global Programs and Services we equip philanthropy with global knowledge, networks, and solutions to drive climate progress.
* Scaling solutions: Our collaborative Global Programs [ focused on solution areas including carbon dioxide removal, cooling, industry, transportation, and more produce results that are bending the greenhouse gas emissions curve. From the U.S. to Europe, China, Brazil, and beyond, we collaborate with a diverse community of funders, NGOs, and climate leaders to accelerate just and equitable climate solutions.
* Guiding and supporting funders: Our Global Services [ provide funders with comprehensive resources to assess, build, evolve, and execute high-impact climate-giving strategies. Our Global Intelligence [ service equips funders and the climate community with climate insights to pinpoint opportunities for impact and philanthropic insights to help identify investment priorities. We facilitate Global Collaborations [ that enable funders to increase individual and collective impact. Our Global Grantmaking [ services enable funders to invest in climate solutions around the world.
* Fostering collaboration, exploration, and growth: Our collaborative approach and commitment to learning ensures that we continuously explore innovative ideas and emerging opportunities all with the aim of scaling philanthropy-supported initiatives to help end the climate crisis.
As experts in climate science, public policy, economic and social analysis, and strategic philanthropy, ClimateWorks staff understands the multi-faceted challenges and opportunities of climate change. We are researchers, strategists, collaborators, and grant makers who care passionately about our mission. For more information, please visit [
ABOUT THE CARBON DIOXIDE REMOVAL PROGRAM
By 2050, the world must take emissions to zero and then also removal about ten gigatons of carbon dioxide per year to keep global temperature rise to well below 2 degrees Celsius (C). We have long relied on land and the ocean to absorb excess carbon dioxide in the atmosphere, but these natural sinks are facing limits in how much they can absorb. We must now deploy shovel-ready removal approaches to protect all the planets living beings. This unique program is designed to catalyze grantmaking and investment needed to scale carbon removal and also help funders and other partners learn about the field and grantee effectiveness.
The Program Associate provides high-level project support to the ClimateWorks Senior Program Director for the Carbon Dioxide Removal (CDR) Program. The CDR Program is one of several high-profile portfolios that sit within the ClimateWorks Programs team and report to Vice Presidents of Programs. The Associate helps to scope and make grants, support the team in organizing events and preparing materials, including reports and presentations, that help to enhance funder CDR understanding.
The Program Associate is responsible for the following duties:
* Manage and support a variety of projects contributing to CDR grants, CDR budgeting, planning, and reporting to CDR funders.
* Support funder learning through planning and assisting with periodic funder learning webinars, meetings, and written publications.
* Provide CDR-related research, programmatic planning, and general support.
* Assist with the editing and production of grant reports, communications materials, and funder reports as necessary.
* Assist with production and quality control of outgoing work products.
* Assist with the management and supervision of support staff as requested.
* Provide general organizational and operations support.
* Manage network communications and stakeholder relations.
* Produce high-quality materials on short deadline.
* Process, track, and address administrative questions around grantmaking as necessary.
ClimateWorks offers an excellent benefits package and a competitive salary that is commensurate with experience (geographic differential applied based on location).
ClimateWorks Foundation is based in the San Francisco Financial District. Our offices are closed due to Covid-19, and employees are working from home. We anticipate transitioning back to in-person work in our office in line with health and safety guidelines sometime in the second half of 2021.
COMMITMENT TO RACIAL AND SOCIAL JUSTICE
At ClimateWorks Foundation, we are driven by our vision of creating a thriving planet for all living beings for generations to come. We aim to foster an inclusive workplace that values diverse lived experiences and emphasizes the voices of marginalized people especially Black, Indigenous, and People of Color who are most vulnerable to climate impacts, and whose voices, ideas, and leadership are crucial to winning the climate fight.
To ensure that we are making meaningful progress, we have made a set of diversity, equity, and inclusion commitments across all dimensions of our work to further our mission and realize our vision. For more information, please visit: Fostering Racial and Social Justice in Pursuit of our Mission [
ClimateWorks Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes a diverse candidate pool. The Foundation recognizes diversity as an asset essential to accomplishing its work and views diversity as encompassing differences in race and gender/gender identity, as well as age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, job skills, education, and geographic location. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
To be considered for this position, interested candidates must follow the link below to submit a resume and cover letter. This position will remain open until filled.
The successful applicant will have the following minimum qualifications:
* 3-5 years experience in a program support role
* BA degree or equivalent (environmental science and/or policy coursework preferred)
* Excellent written and oral communications skills
* Ability to initiate and manage projects
* Powerful attention to detail and exceptionally strong organizational skills
* Excellent research and analytical skills
* Experience working in service to broad range of clients and stakeholders
* Good personal and interpersonal communications skills
* Competence in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and numerous databases
* Ability to work effectively and efficiently with minimal supervision both virtually and in-person
* Ability to work under pressure, prioritize, and multi-task
* Experience with, or aptitude for working with support staff and interns
* Passion for environmental and social issues
* Commitment to the mission and values of ClimateWorks Foundation
* Commitment to a diverse, inclusive, and equitable work environment
The following skillsets are a plus to the application:
* Experience working in nonprofits or foundations
* Experience working with grants and budget management
* Experience in communications outputs and planning high-quality events
ClimateWorks offers an excellent benefits package and a competitive salary that is commensurate with experience (geographic differential applied based on location). This position will be located in San Francisco, CA.
Multiple options available through Kaiser & UHC
* HMO - 100% coverage for employee and dependents
* POS - Employee pays difference beyond HMO coverage (3 out of 4 POS options are at 100% coverage for employee and dependents)
* Dental 100% coverage for employee and dependents
* Vision 100% coverage for employee and dependents
* Fertility care through Carrot Fertility. Access to on-demand doctor-approved content, pregnancy support, and virtual chats with medical, legal, and regulatory experts.
Disability Benefit (long and short-term)
Life Insurance (3x base salary up to $750k for employee only)
* 20 days (1st year)
* 25 days (2nd - 8th year)
* 30 days (9th year)
* 11 Observed and 2 floating
* After 6 months of service, CWF automatically contributes 9% of gross earnings per pay period to retirement fund*
* After 6 months of service, CWF matches 100% of employee contributions up to a max of 6% of gross earnings per pay period*