, located in South San Francisco, CA and Boston, MA, is a precision medicine company that has pioneered a powerful discovery and development platform designed to generate medicines against disease-causing proteins previously considered undruggable. We are deploying our technologies in chemoproteomics, covalent drug discovery, and machine learning to develop a pipeline of groundbreaking medicines against the most important drivers of disease. Our lead program targets both the activated and inactive forms of KRASG12C, a validated driver in a number of cancers that until recently has been undruggable. Our pipeline embodies our vision of boldly advancing science to defeat disease, starting with cancer.
Frontier medicines is seeking a highly motivated individual to fill the position of Research Associate/Senior Research Associate in the Chemical Biology team at our Boston location. The successful candidate is expected to have an excellent working knowledge of cell biology and high-throughput screening techniques. This position requires working as part of a multidisciplinary team in a fast-paced drug-hunting environment.Key Responsibilities
- Contribute to hit identification and validation to ensure the development of a robust preclinical pipeline of impactful drug discovery programs.
- Contribute to project teams and the preclinical development of lead assets to achieve project deliverables.
- Effectively communicate with colleagues and stakeholders; create and present research updates and provide scientific input to team/company meetings.
- Maintain a clear, detailed electronic laboratory notebook to document all experiments and findings.
- Creation of cell lines containing mutant or tagged forms of proteins on various promoters (e.g. native and dox-inducible)
- Cell culture for plate-based screening including viability assessment drug-treatment
- BS or MS in a biological science (biochemistry, molecular biology, cellular biology or related discipline).
- Mammalian cell culture experience and associated technologies (knockdown, over-expression studies).
- Experience with cellular and biochemical techniques such as luciferase assays, western blotting, and immunofluorescence/histochemistry.
- Familiarity with siRNA and Crispr genetic perturbation methods
- Experience with automation and liquid handling devices e.g. Echo
- Incorporation of heavy metabolites and amino acids for pulse-chase type investigations and use of other custom cell-media formulations
- Experience with patient derived cells, IPSCs, and 3D organoids a plus.
- Excellent communication, organization, and technical writing skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills, ability to learn new skills.
- Legally authorized to work in the U.S.
- 3-5 years of relevant post-graduate and pharma/biotech experience.
- Demonstrated track record of accomplishments and publications in biology.
*Job title will be determined based on experience.
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.