Sensei Biotherapeutics is seeking a Senior Scientist specializing in phage or biological nanoparticle biochemistry, molecular biology and microbiology. The successful candidate will participate in the development and production of our bacteriophage platform and help optimize its use as a cancer immunotherapeutic.
At Sensei, we're pushing the boundaries of science and imagination to discover and develop innovative medicines for patients. Sensei stands for teacher and our goal is to teach the immune system to fight cancer and other diseases. We are developing a pipeline of medicines designed to exploit the substantial potential of the immune system to defeat disease. That is our mission. Ours is a collaborative culture where impassioned people are expected to bring their experience and ideas to the mission to contribute to the greater good.
We are a small but growing company with an exciting and unique scientific mission. Sensei's approach is novel, and we are looking to add more team members that are energized by a challenge and open to reach beyond expectations. No matter your role at Sensei, you are a critical contributor to the organization's mission.
We are seeking a rigorous and diligent scientist who has experience working with bacteriophage, viruses or other biological nanoparticles. Candidates will lead work in our Synthetic Biology group that is focused on production of bacteriophage-based nanomedicines that can be used in vivo to stimulate immune responses. In this role, you will collaborate closely with other members of the discovery research teams to develop and characterize phage-based nanoparticles using a wide range of molecular, cellular, and biochemical approaches.
What you will do
- Develop quantitative assays to assess bacteriophage quality and functionality
- Apply background and learnings to improve and scale phage production capabilities
- Work with a multi-disciplinary project team to develop and produce phage with a wide range of immune-stimulating properties
- Manage 1-2 direct reports; serving as a mentor and mentor to developing scientists
- Communicate with peers and senior management through group meetings and internal presentations
- Contribute to research that leads to peer-reviewed publications, reports, and external presentations
What you will bring to Sensei
- Doctorate degree with 2-3 years post-doctoral experience (industry or academia) or Masters and up to 5 years industry experience
- Strong background in microbiology, biochemistry and molecular biology
- Experience with microbial systems or virology (preferably experience with bacteriophage)
- Experience mentoring very early career researchers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and an ability to clearly present complex data
- Scientific accomplishments such as peer-reviewed publications, meeting presentations, or similar
Who you are
Sensei Biotherapeutics is seeking individuals who are able to work effectively as an individual and as a member of a research team, is capable of multi-tasking, has a ‘do what-ever it takes' attitude, and thrives in the fast-pace environment of biotechnology research.
Sensei offers a generous benefits package that includes fully paid medical, dental, and vision premiums. Benefits also include group life, disability, flexible spending, 401(k) with a company match, commuter benefits, unlimited time off and holidays.
If you are interested in becoming part of a dynamic growing company, please apply today!
Sensei Biotherapeutics is an Equal Opportunity Employer.