Kezar Life Sciences (NASDAQ: KZR), a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company located in South San Francisco, is seeking a Research Associate to join our Biology team. The Research Associate will report to the Scientist, Biology and the position will be responsible for performing high-quality in vitro cell culture and related techniques to support assay development and cell-based mechanism of action studies to characterize novel therapeutic agents. In addition, this position will contribute to novel target discovery and validation of high throughput screening hits through various molecular biology based techniques. Meticulous understanding and execution of developed protocols will be key, as well as enthusiasm for improving processes and interactions within cross-disciplinary teams. The candidate must have excellent problem solving, multitasking, and communication skills.
Kezar is focused on small molecule drug discovery and development to target immune-mediated diseases and cancer. Kezars lead product candidate, KZR-616, a selective inhibitor of the immunoproteasome, is being evaluated in Phase 2 clinical trials for the treatment of severe autoimmune diseases. KZR-261, Kezars first oncology candidate targeting the protein secretion pathway via the Sec61 translocon, is entering Phase 1 clinical trials in several oncology indications.
* BS degree in cell biology, biochemistry, molecular biology, or related area.
* Previous laboratory experience (1-2+ years) is required (industry setting preferred).
* Proficiency in mammalian cell culture is required.
* Molecular biology (cloning/DNA and protein sequence analysis/QPCR/CRISPR/etc.) or cell based assay experience is highly desired.
* Proficiency in basic data analysis software (e.g., Microsoft Excel, GraphPad Prism) is required.
* Excellent communication, time-management/organization, and presentation skills are necessary.