York Analytical Laboratories is seeking a qualified candidate to join our team in Stratford, CT or Queens, NY as a Laboratory Technician. This position is entry level, and in this dynamic role you will be able to build and develop valuable laboratory skills. Training will be available. We seek a highly motivated individual who, ultimately, will be able to work independently as well as multi-task.
Responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to, working with senior technicians, chemists, and management in the preparation and analysis of environmental samples for a variety of contaminants. Additional responsibilities may be assigned by the laboratory manager as necessary.
Qualified individuals would ideally have some previous laboratory experience, but this is not required. Further, a bachelors degree in chemistry, biology, or environmental science is preferred, but not required.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to
* Preparing and analyzing samples according to client & regulatory requirements
* Preparing appropriate reference standard solutions
* Preparing necessary chemical reagents
* Properly and thoroughly documenting sample preparation specifics
* Calibrating, operating and maintaining laboratory equipment
* Maintain equipment maintenance and repair logbooks
* Peer review of data for accuracy and compliance with QA guidelines
* Upload data into LIMS for subsequent reporting to client
* Adherence to all Safety and Quality Assurance requirements
* Assure proper inventory of chemicals and supplies
* Maintain good housekeeping standards
Skills and Abilities:
Ideal candidates will also be familiar with Laboratory Database applications and Microsoft Office software products (Excel, Word), be detail-oriented, possess good organizational skills and have previous laboratory exposure (including knowledge of general laboratory procedures, safety protocols and chemical hazards.)
This is a great opportunity for an individual looking to join a growing, high-energy team.
Comprehensive benefits, salary and bonus program are commensurate with experience.
NOTE: MUST BE VACCINATED.