Role is responsible for providing technical subject matter expertise for all occupational safety programs. The incumbent will ensure that the site's safety programs are fully compliant with MIOSHA rules and regulations and internal Pfizer standards and will partner with operations to ensure colleague safety. They will be responsible for collaborating with EHS Leadership to establish and execute the EHS strategic plan for the site.
* Evaluates existing and new processes/practices. Updates compliance program improvements, associated procedures and creates plans for implementation of improvements.
* Ensure compliance with governmental regulations, Pfizer and industry standards.
* Participates in self-audit of internal safety programs.
* Participates in safety reviews of capital projects to ensure appropriate safety elements are incorporated.
* Conducts internal and external benchmarking and lead the implementation of improvements to the Safety and IH program.
* Leads the site injury reduction and risk mitigation strategies.
* Drives continuous improvement, innovation, and sustainable results across EHS projects/programs, assessments and resulting action plans.
* Leads the efforts to assure implementation of identified actions in accordance with identified target dates.
* Partners with EHS Leadership to ensure regulatory compliance, department goals and initiatives are achieved as well as establish the expectations of culture in the site.
* BS from an accredited University in Engineering, Science or EHS related field.
* Minimum 10 years of professional experience in a similar position within EHS with preference toward chemical manufacturing with a BS degree; minimum 7 years with an MS or PhD degree.
* Extensive experience in all safety programs.
* Detailed expertise in the risk management (assessment and implementation of risk mitigation strategies).
* Safety practitioner with broad technical and regulatory experience who can effectively work with senior management, across multiple disciplines, in a matrixed organization.
* Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
* Excellent project management and problem-solving skills
* Proficient in MS Office applications
* Experience in the Pharmaceutical industry.
* Knowledge of MIOSHA rules and regulations.
* CSP, CIH or other EHS related professional certification
* Experience with Six Sigma/Lean Manufacturing
* Must be able to perform field observations which could involve walking or standing on uneven terrain, squatting, bending, twisting, turning, and reaching above shoulder height and work in various climates from extreme cold to heat.
* May require walking, standing, and or sitting for prolonged periods.
* Must be able to walk and drive between site facilities on the site.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
* Standard work schedule, Monday - Friday, days; may infrequently require off-shift and weekend support.
* On call 24/7
Additional Job Details
* Last Date to Apply: December 31, 2021
* Referral Bonus Eligible
* Relocation Support Available
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Environmental, Health & Safety