The Manager of Environmental Regulatory Compliance is the main reference shore side for the company's environmental social and economic responsibilities and within these responsibilities he/she co-ordinates related activities.POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:EDUCATION:
- Assume personal responsibility for safety and NCLH's impact upon the environment.
- Managing the Greenhouse Gases (GHG) emission program in cooperation with Technical Operations and Fuel and Energy Operations. Researching and preparing recommendations for sustainability and greenhouse gas emission reduction measures based on industry best practices, technology advancement and evolving regulations.
- Managing the fleet pollution prevention programs/procedures identifying areas for improvement.
- Assisting with the development of Environmental performance indicators program in line with the ISO 14001 Program.
- Assisting with the company's ISO 14001 program, including but not limited to the creation of objectives and targets and continual improvement initiatives.
- Reviewing international and port state Environmental laws and regulations.
- Reviewing company policies and procedures for compliance with applicable Environmental laws and regulations.
- Developing and managing the waste minimization, donation, and recycling programs.
- Promote Environmental awareness among the crew and guests.
- Providing support to vessels during environmental emergency situations.
- Identifying and recommending implementation of new programs and/or opportunities to enhance the company's social and economic responsibility around the world.
- Assisting with internal and external ISM audit programs as needed including timely and effective corrective actions.
- Maintaining a database of environmental related audits and inspections and creating reports to ensure inspection information and statistics are shared internally.
- Ability to assist with other areas of Marine Operations as required.
- Perform other job related functions as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree in related field of study; or any equivalent combination of relevant background and/or experience. Masters degree preferred.EXPERIENCE:
3 years' experience with industry standards and regulations required. Shipboard experience considered as a plus.KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
Excellent knowledge of reporting procedures and record keeping. Business acumen partnered with a dedication to legality. Methodical and diligent with outstanding planning abilities. Analytical to be able to "see" the complexities of procedures and regulations. Excellent communication skills.