Environmental Health and Safety
WE BUILD WHAT MATTERS
What matters most to you? Is it being part of a strong team? Supporting your family? Solving global problems? You can do these and more at Caterpillar; where your work enables progress around the globe, and you contribute to meaningful work. Together, we can build what matters, our solutions help our customers build a better world!
The Caterpillar has an exciting opportunity for an EHS Senior Associate - 1st Shift in Seguin, Texas. In this role you will perform conventional, less complex Environmental, Health and/or Safety (EHS) assignments where building a working knowledge of Caterpillar and the products, technologies, processes, services and systems related to specific job assignments is expected.
EHS Senior Associates are expected to be familiar with the company's processes and methodologies. Decisions on routine, limited risk issues that may affect the facility may be made by this position. Challenges include meeting expectations in delivering results, learning to consider alternative courses of actions, making timely decisions and developing communication skills.
Individuals in this position might expect to have several assignments allowing them to gain experience in multiple EHS functions. They will be expected to apply theory and concept in the assigned area. EHS Senior Associates must build an understanding of how and why decisions are made within their work group and organization. They may be responsible for applying those decisions to design, development or maintenance of a process, analysis of data or test results, application of a system, etc.
* Applies standard techniques involving only minor innovations of methodology to perform well-defined assignments.
* Uses judgment in selecting alternatives.
* Performs specific components of a larger project directed by a senior professional.
* May delegate routine work to support staff.
* Contributes to the development of an EHS management system.
* Performs training that has already been developed
* Completes EH&S reports for review and submission to EPA or OSHA
* Performs structured assignments that require some interpretation of data and regulations, identification of problem sources and possible remedial actions.
* A degree in an appropriate scientific discipline is highly desired and consideration will be given to equivalent EHS experience.
* 1 to 3 years EHS experience,
* Have demonstrated ability to apply theory and concept.
* Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
* Must have ability to communicate effectively with team members and others in the work group, as well as customers and suppliers.
* Have exhibited ability to begin working independently
Relocation assistance is not available for this position. Any relocation costs incurred would be the responsibility of the selected applicant.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers [http://www.caterpillar.com/careers]
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here [http://flows.beamery.com/caterpillarinc/talcom].