If youre looking for a fast-paced and dynamic work environment where you can apply your academic know-how, develop superior technical skills, and collaborate with top-notch industry professionals on a variety of exciting environmental projects, then GSI Environmental is the place for you!
At GSI, we seek the best and brightest talent and provide a supportive environment for career development. Our company culture is built on excellent service, teamwork, and technical collaboration to solve the most challenging environmental problems. We have an immediate opening for a mid-level Environmental Engineer/Scientist/Geologist in our Austin, Texas office. Come join our team!
* Support the design of assessment programs and remedial options for site cleanup, as well as environmental due diligence, regulatory compliance, and permitting activities.
* Scope, coordinate, and perform fieldwork to support environmental assessment, remediation, and restoration projects. Fieldwork may include the collection of groundwater, soil, soil vapor, and surface water samples.
* Develop and track project budgets.
* Prepare high-quality technical presentations, reports, letters, plans, and proposals with minimal senior GSI staff oversight.
* Regularly interact with senior GSI staff, clients, and regulators to communicate project status.
* Coordinate with vendors, subcontractors, and analytical laboratories and independently perform subcontractor oversight.
* Manage, analyze, and interpret environmental data using statistical and data visualization tools.
* Perform and oversee data entry and QA/QC of data tables, maps, reports, and other work products.
* Independently perform research tasks with input from senior staff and technical experts.
* Contribute to a team atmosphere through collaboration with technical experts, project managers, colleagues, and subcontractors.
* A Bachelors degree or higher in the Geosciences, Environmental Engineering, or related field is required; a Masters degree is preferred.
* Between 3 and 10 years of relevant work experience is preferred.
* Engineer in Training (EIT) or Geologist in Training (GIT) certification is required; however, Professional Engineer (PE) or Professional Geoscientist (PG) certification is preferred.
* Required skills and qualifications include:
* Experience with data management, database and office software, and data analysis
* Excellent organizational, verbal, and written communication
* Ability to manage multiple tasks and organize complex datasets
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team
* Valid drivers license and clear driving record
* Ability to travel domestically
* Additional preferred skillsets and qualifications include:
* Working knowledge of state and federal environmental cleanup regulations is preferred (e.g., Texas Risk Reduction Program [TRRP], Leaking Petroleum Storage Tank [LPST] Rules, and/or Railroad Commission of Texas; RCRA and/or CERCLA).
* 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER certification
* Candidate must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as defined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, unless candidate qualifies for an exemption based on the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 or Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, where a reasonable accommodation may be granted if approved by GSI management upon hiring.
* Competitive salary and benefits.
* Quarterly and year-end bonuses.
* Flexible work environment with potential for remote work.
* On-the-job training, mentorship, and professional development.
* Participation in conferences, technical presentations, and papers.
* Collaborative atmosphere.