Samsung Austin Semiconductor is one of the most advanced semiconductor manufacturing facilities in the world with more than 3,000 employees and 2.45 million square feet of floor space. Samsung Austin Semiconductor has broad semiconductor process technology offerings serving customers in various application areas including mobile, consumer, networking/high performance computing, Internet of Things, RF and automotive.
Since 1996, its parent company, Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd has invested approximately $17 billion in Samsung Austin Semiconductor's Austin, Texas campus, making it one of the largest direct foreign investments in United States history. Samsung Austin Semiconductor is a premier employer who provides a great place to work, as well as advanced and upskilled training to thriving employees. Visit www.samsung.com/us/sas.
Samsung Austin Semiconductor strives to be the World's Best Foundry.
The Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS) team is focused on industrial hygiene, safety engineering, environmental stewardship, fire protection, and/or radiological health. As part of the EHS Department, you will engage with both internal employees and external personnel to ensure compliance with company, state and federal requirements.Role and Responsibilities
Skills and Qualifications
- Seeking a dynamic Environmental Engineer with strong problem solving capabilities, ability to institute new and innovative solutions as well as maintain environmental compliance for one of the most advanced semiconductor facilities in the United States.
- Self-motivated and driven environmental professional who is committed to driving positive change and impact reduction within the semiconductor industry.
- Multidimensional environmental experience related to air, waste and water compliance programs.
- Experienced with implementing improvement projects in alignment with company sustainability initiatives and policies.
- Highly capable of leading and managing long-term, technical projects involving coordination with multiple associated internal and external parties.
- Ability to solve complex problems and provide accurate and consistent feedback related to state and federal compliance regulations.
- Experienced with all aspects of implementing and maintaining ISO 14001 Management Systems.
- Strong ability to establish goals, objectives and operating plans to maintain and enhance compliance with environmental rules and regulations.
- Capable of establishing and accomplishing objectives within specified timeframes with little management oversight.
- Networking with industry professionals and regulatory entities to disseminate best practices and learnings within the organization.
- Utilize industry knowledge and technical expertise to adapt regulatory procedures and practices to moderately complex problems.
- Engagement in internal, external and regulatory audits/inspections. Perform and document gap analysis on open action items and track all items to closure.
- Workdays & Hours: M-F, 1st Shift.
- Experienced and trained in interpreting regulatory language specified in 40 CFR, 49 CFR and 30 TAC.
- Experienced in Clean Air Act (CAA), Clean Water Act (CWA) and Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) requirements and regulations.
- Trained in Root Cause Analysis (RCA) methods.
- Certified Lead Auditor with ISO Management Systems or similar auditor training.
- 10+ years in environmental and compliance program management associated with air, water and waste regulations.
- Bachelor of Science in environmental science, engineering or closely related field.
- REM or CHMM certification is a plus.
- Detailed understanding of local and regional EHS regulatory requirements.
- Experience communicating with federal, state and local regulatory agencies.
- Experience developing, managing and leading projects.
- Excellent communication & social skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft software programs.
- Skillful in incident investigation and root cause analysis.
Samsung Electronics America, Inc. and its subsidiaries are committed to employing a diverse workforce, and provide Equal Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Samsung Electronics America is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you have a disability and require a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in the application process, please contact our Reasonable Accommodation Team (855-557-3247) or SEA_Accommodations_Ext@sea.samsung.com for assistance. This number is for accommodation requests only and is not intended for general employment inquiries.