Responsibilities for this Position
Environmental Health and Safety Intern
Job ID: 2021-13756
# of Openings: 1
Category: Health & Safety
San Diego, CA
We currently have an immediate need for an EHS Intern to work to create, and enforce a culture of safety within our GD-OTS San Diego Location. In this role, you will be responsible for completing an assigned projects under the direction of our EH&S Manager and with assistance from other personnel.
- Responsibilities include implementing programs, developing policies, and conduct assessments to ensure San Diego is in compliance with all local, federal, and corporate health and safety rules. This position will work closely with the Production, Process Engineering, and the Maintenance departments.
- As part of a team, maintain a safe work environment, support all work areas and processes with environment, safety and health related issues (including machine guarding implementation and risk assessments)
- Develop, implement, and administer safety and health programs (emergency procedures, accident investigations, personal protective equipment, EHS postings)
- Conduct various types of training according to EH&S standards
- Assist with Document Control Excel Spreadsheet
- Responsible for attending and participating in tier 1-2-3 meetings
- Assist with any other EHS projects or administrative tasks as needed
- Pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's degree in environmental science, engineering, occupational safety, industrial technology, or a related field.
- Strong analytical and technical abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work well with a diverse employee population are essential. Bilingual English-Spanish a plus.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Excel.
- Must demonstrate organizational and prioritization skills, attention to detail, and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, using discretion and independent judgement.