Consultant in Regulatory Chemistry and/or Environmental Toxicology
Irvine, CA, USA
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. No sponsorship is available for this position.
Ramboll US Corporation (Ramboll) is a leading scientific environmental consulting firm providing a broad range of technical services to both public and private sector clients. Ramboll is seeking an entry-level Consultant in its Phoenix, Arizona; Dublin (Columbus), Ohio; or Irvine, California office to support client projects related to product stewardship, regulatory compliance, and environmental and human health risk assessment associated with industrial chemicals, formulated chemical products and environmental contaminants. The successful candidate will work under the direction and supervision of senior scientists and engineers to serve clients in the chemical and basic materials industries; food, cosmetic, pharmaceutical, and medical device industries; pesticides, consumer products, and specialty products industries.
Inviting bright minds
Do you want to push the boundaries of your profession and develop your excellence in an open, collaborative and empowering culture? We work to create a sustainable future and our inspiring projects and innovative solutions strive to set the standard among our peers. You will join a global company that has been growing successfully since its founding in 1945. Together, we lead and leave a positive impact on societies, companies and people around the world.
You will join our Environment and Health department
As our new Consultant you will be part of our ambitious, diverse, creative, and collaborative team striving to make a difference in the world. When you start with Ramboll, you'll be joining a company that strives to make a difference - for our employees, clients and society. As you work on challenging projects, you will be given increasing responsibility - while also being able to rely on experienced managers and colleagues to offer support and a helping hand as you learn and develop in your role.
Typical responsibilities include:
- Perform independent research and critical review of chemical, biochemical, and general toxicology/safety data and literature.
- Conduct database searches, review chemical regulations, and collect/compile technical information to prepare reports and notifications for submittals to governmental agencies.
- Communicate with testing laboratories; arrange physical, chemical, and/or toxicological testing; review laboratory reports and raw data, and summarize data quality and findings.
- Research, analyze, and prepare draft technical memorandums, reports, papers, and presentations.
- Assist with the development of chemical exposure and risk assessments.
- Compile, process, summarize, and evaluate environmental monitoring data.
Your starting point for constant growth
From the moment you join Ramboll, we will support your personal and professional development so that you grow with the company. For this role, we believe your starting point is:
- BS or MS degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Environmental Science, Public Health, or Toxicology.
- Strong analytical, statistical, computing, quantitative analysis, and verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to critically evaluate data from diverse sources and varied quality to identify those studies and results that are the most relevant to the assessment of human and environmental health risks.
- Capability to work both independently and as part of a project team.
- Ability to travel as required.
- Internship or other relevant industry or research experience a plus
- Years of Experience: Less than 1 Year
Welcome to our Environment & Health division
Ramboll develops innovative, scientifically sound solutions that help increase liveability by reducing pollution and restoring natural environments. One of the world's leading environmental and health consultancies, our bright minds are trusted by clients to manage their most challenging environmental, health and social issues.
Ramboll in Americas
Ramboll has over 16,000 experts working across 300 offices in 35 countries applying their passion to deliver innovative solutions within Environment & Health, Water, Energy and Planning & Urban Design. Founded in Denmark, Ramboll is a people company. We invite you to contribute to a sustainable future working in an open, collaborative and empowering culture.
How to apply
Apply online. Attach your CV, cover letter and relevant documents showcasing why you are the right fit for the role, and when you are available to start. We look forward to receiving your application!