About Prysmian Group
Prysmian Group is the world leader in the energy and telecom cable systems industry. Each year, the Group manufacturers thousands of miles of underground and submarine cables
and systems for power transmission and distribution
, as well as medium low voltage cables
for the construction and infrastructure sectors. We also produce a comprehensive range of optical fibers, copper cables and connectivity
for voice, video, and data transmission
for the telecommunication sector
We are almost 29,000 employees, across 52 countries. Everyone at Prysmian Group has the potential to make their mark; because whatever you do, wherever you are based, you will be part of a company that is helping transform the world around us. Make Your Mark at Prysmian! Position Summary
Bringing Health, Safety and Environmental leadership to assigned facility, the NA Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) Specialist leads the development and execution of HSE initiatives in partnership with facility leadership at assigned location to promote a Zero & Beyond culture. The HSE Specialist will provide oversight and assistance in the development, implementation and coordination of health, safety and environmental programs and policies to ensure corporate goal attainment as well as compliance with all applicable regulations. Nature and Scope
Reporting to the North America Director of Health, Safety and Environmental with daily reporting to Facility Leader (Matrix organization); the NA HSE Specialist leads corporate and regulatory health, safety and environmental initiatives and processes at assigned location to reduce team member injury, ensure ongoing regulatory compliance and minimize Company exposure. This position works closely with Corporate QHSE, facility leadership, various other corporate functions, as well as external agencies and resources. Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
Supervision Scope :
- Responsible for the development, implementation, training, and maintenance of facility policies, programs, and procedures to ensure compliance with corporate policies and all applicable Federal, State, and Local HSE regulations (OSHA; EPA; DOT; etc.).
- Partners with local consultant to Ensure ongoing compliance with all environmental permits, regulations, and reporting requirements for assigned facility. (Air, Water, Hazardous Waste; Annual TIER II and Form R Reporting, etc.).
- Serve as site representative to implement and maintain ISO 14001 Standard.
- Ensures alignment on programs involving team member engagement, Consequence Thinking and/or behavior-based safety processes to promote a Zero & Beyond culture.
- Builds competent HSE teams at facility through communicating corporate procedures, coaching, training, and follow up on issues related to HSE.
- Manages Workers Compensation claims, including transporting injured team members to medical facilities for initial and follow-up visits.
- Conducts and assists with internal and external HSE audits and meets with regulatory agencies during facility inspections/audits as required.
- Develops and executes facility specific HSE training needs analysis, operational reviews and new installation assessments.
- Leads investigations into serious or critical HSE matters as directed by senior leadership.
- Provides leadership for HSE team meetings, Kaizen/Gemba events, and other key meetings where HSE representation is requested.
- Drives an incident reporting process that ensures effective investigation, reporting, and best practice sharing throughout their business unit and corporate.
- Participates in other key HSE initiatives as assigned by the Director of HSE.
Direct supervision of one (1) Safety Lead. Qualifications Education
- Bachelor's degree in occupational safety and or environmental studies, engineering, or another related field.
- 4-8 years of direct HSE experience including OSHA and EPA compliance, behavior-based safety, process hazard and risk analysis, root cause evaluation, incident management, standards and procedural development, auditing, and training.
- Demonstrated passion for safety and environmental excellence.
- Knowledge of US safety and environmental regulations; as well as international management standards (OSHA, EPA, ISO 14001, NFPA etc.).
- Knowledge of cable manufacturing desirable.
- Knowledge of worker's compensation regulations.
- Strong organizational & planning skills.
- Excellent analytical skills & problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with technology such as excel, PowerPoint, Word and other standard computer applications.
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills (oral & written), able to interact with all levels in the organization.
Prysmian Group, as an Equal Opportunity Employer, aims to attract and recruit individuals with diverse backgrounds, skills, and abilities, who will enhance the quality of service and contribute to the Group's success. Prysmian Group is committed to the development of an organization that prioritizes talent, where people feel respected, appreciated, and free to fully express their human potential. Prysmian Group strongly believes that diversity drives meritocracy and brings significant value at all levels of the organization, increases the possibility of capturing market opportunities and maximizing value for our customers and shareholders. Prysmian Group bases its decisions on principles of equality, with evaluations based on the type of position and with a focus on best practices so individuals succeed based on their efforts and skills and their alignment with applicable job requirements.
Line Managers, Hiring Managers, HR Corporate and HR Local are responsible for ensuring that diversity and inclusion are respected during the recruiting process. Unconscious bias and stereotypes must not influence our selection processes. We look for the best candidates and for the real value they can bring into the organization. We value meritocracy. We value diversity. We turn off our bias. All persons shall have the opportunity to be considered for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, military service and veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Prysmian Group will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. Your application data will be treated according to our Data Protection Policy. If you believe you require assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please let us know.