Military Veterans are Encouraged to Apply.
DuPont is seeking EHS Interns to join our EHS team! This position will report directly to the Site EHS Leader.
Under direct supervision, the EHS Intern performs a wide range of Safety and Health disciplines to implement workplace safety and industrial hygiene processes compliant with DuPont EHS standards, OSHA and other local, state, and federal regulations with focus on key continuous improvement initiatives.
Job Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Evaluate programs on workplace safety and health and participate in internal EHS program audits (e.g., review of confined space program and permits, etc.).
- Participate in risk assessments in site work areas (e.g., laboratories, power operations, maintenance/construction, office settings).
- Participate in the development and review of employee training material for various safety and health competencies.
- Promote safety awareness by creating, issuing safety campaigns for all site personnel (e.g., slip, trip, fall prevention, seasonal safety, etc.)
- Assist in testing site workplace environments (industrial hygiene monitoring, ergonomics).
- Participate in incident and near miss investigations and assist with the closure of findings from these activities.
- Other duties in alignment with development, improvement, and management of EHS Management Systems for the site.
- Enrolled in degree program for occupational safety, industrial hygiene, environmental sciences or relevant discipline.
- Able to work full time (40 hours/week) on-site for a 10-12-week period over the summer
- Strong interest in EHS activities
- With day-to-day supervision, effectively manage multiple and changing priorities and to participate with teams/work groups to assess hazards, provide solutions and identify opportunities for improvements in meeting regulatory, corporate and organizational compliance.
- Skills to work effectively, professionally and respectfully in a team-based environment and to promote respectful interaction with others in all aspects of people interactions.
- Possess ability for oral presentations, report writing, and other written communication skills.
- Possesses strong organizational skills, self-motivated, and eager to learn.
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment as needed in site work areas (safety glasses with side shields, safety shoes, hard hat, hearing protection.
- Authorization to work in US without restriction or future need for sponsorship.
DuPont is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. If you need a reasonable accommodation to search or apply for a position, please visit our Accessibility Page for Contact Information.
For US Applicants: See the "Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law" poster at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
For our U.S. Affirmative Action Policy, click here.