Fairfax, VA or Eastern United States
We are the Environment & Planning Division. We are passionate about doing what's right for our clients, our people, the communities where we live and work, and the environment. We are planners, scientists, program managers, communicators, economists, technologists, and strategists. We are collaborative, curious, and committed to excellence-these are qualities we value that make us who we are and inspire us to grow.
We prepare Environmental Impact Statements and Environmental Assessments for complex and often controversial projects nationwide and abroad, including energy, transportation, and other infrastructure projects and regulatory programs. We manage environmental review processes that include consultation with regulatory agencies; public involvement; analysis of environmental, cultural, safety, socio-economic, and other impacts, and specification of measures to mitigate adverse impacts. Our clients include numerous federal, state, and international agencies and private companies. To support our growth and backlog of Offshore Wind projects, ICF is seeking an Environmental Planner to be based in Fairfax, VA. You will also have the option to work remotely within the Eastern United States.
Our staff work on the most current and important issues facing the nation including offshore and onshore wind energy development; other renewables projects; and management of land use, water, recreation, and other resources. Staff in this position may provide a range of services including:
* Federal, state, and local permitting and compliance for renewable and traditional energy, transmission, aviation, and other projects in compliance with the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), and other regulations.
* Federal agency headquarters environmental support, including NEPA compliance.
* Environmental support for disaster recovery projects receiving funding from HUD and FEMA.
* Technical services including biological surveys and studies, air quality analysis, noise impact assessments and other resource-related studies across a range of disciplines.
What You Will Do
Successful applicants to this position would be responsible for planning and completing major project tasks related to the development and delivery of accurate, timely, and high-quality products and services. A mid-level Environmental Planner supports project management and works on multiple projects, interacts with all levels of staff, and will apply their academic and past work experience knowledge to a wide variety of complex projects. You will work directly with clients and senior staff, as well as internal and external experts in their field of expertise. This position trains, develops and may direct the work of junior staff.
What You Must Have
* Master's/Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in natural or physical science, public policy, economics, environmental management, or related subjects.
* 5 to 10 years of environmental consulting experience (for government or private sector clients) with clients in the natural resources, energy, transportation, and related infrastructure and federal market sectors.
* Experience preparing NEPA documents and environmental permitting.
* Experience supporting project management team.
* Experience with developing and maintaining project schedules, budgets, and experience writing proposals.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook, Access) and any project specific software programs.
* Strong organizational skills and attention to detail, including ability to prioritize and multi-task under strict deadlines.
* Strong problem-solving skills and demonstrated ability to succeed with new and challenging tasks.
* Builds knowledge of the business and applies understanding of ICF markets and capabilities to day-to-day responsibilities.
* Sets challenging and measurable and sustainable goals in collaboration with manager(s).
* Identifies and meets the needs of clients within established guidelines.
* Understands task expectations and how tasks fit in the overall project.
* Works collaboratively with project team and client to achieve established goals.
* Organizes written work in a manner that is clear, easy to follow, and tailored for the intended audience.
This is an outstanding opportunity to work with talented and passionate individuals and to grow with a firm that believes in nurturing talent and developing long-term career success. ICF is a purpose driven company with a strong culture and underlying values that prize diversity, opportunity, equality, and respect. Our core values include Embracing Differences, and we seek candidates who are passionate about building a culture that encourages, embraces and hires dimensions of differences.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you're seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF-together for tomorrow.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy [https://www.icf.com/legal/equal-employment-opportunity].
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org [email@example.com] and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law [https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf] and Pay Transparency Statement [https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_English_unformattedESQA508c.pdf].
Fairfax, VA (VA01)