United States of America - Washington, D.C., Washington, DC
AECOM is actively seeking a Principal Environmental Consultant to be a leader in leveraging AECOM's M&A/Due Diligence, EHS Compliance, and ESG experience and services to develop business with US and multinational clients. AECOM is particularly focused on expanding our Environmental Due Diligence, Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A), Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) Compliance, and Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) practices across our global footprint. This positions offers the flexibility to work from any location in the United States.
In this role, the Consultant should be experienced in developing client relationships within the industrial sector. The ideal candidate will be experienced in consultative sales techniques with demonstrated client relationship and business development. The person in this role will be managing and executing a broad spectrum of due diligence work including Phase I ESAs and Phase II ESAs; EHS compliance auditing, permitting, and reporting; post-acquisition integration support, and ESG Advisory related services. Additionally, this role will support our broader Environment, Social Governance (ESG) advisory services team with connectivity in the M&A service area.
The responsibilities include, but are not necessarily limited to, the following:
* Provide consultative sales and account leadership within the broad industrial sector and provide strategic insight into AECOM's broader EHS practice.
* Environmental due diligence including desktop reviews, Phase Is, Phase IIs, liability assessments, EHS compliance reviews, and portfolio management. Support clients in post-acquisition integration services with successful support of all stakeholders.
* Develop new client relationships and expand existing relationships by delivering strategic environmental consulting advice, genuine value, and quality service. Tasks will include client relationship development, proposal preparation including content, budgets, presentations, and contracting.
* Work in a global, collaborative, cross-functional team environment.
* Meet business financial targets, overall project budget and schedule, client satisfaction and expectations, and internal metrics.
At AECOM, we believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it's improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
We take on the most complex challenges and pioneer innovative, iconic solutions that push the limits of what's possible - the world's longest cable-stayed bridge, record-breaking sports events, the largest greenfield port development mega project, life-sustaining disaster recovery programs, and the tallest tower in the Western Hemisphere.
On projects spanning transportation, buildings, water, energy and the environment, we deliver professional services throughout the project lifecycle.
We are proud to be recognized for excellence:
* Named one of Fortune magazine's "World's Most Admired Companies" for the sixth consecutive year
* Ranked #1 in Engineering News-Record 's 2020 "Top 200 Environmental Firms"
* Ranked #1 in Transportation and General Building in Engineering News-Record 's 2020 "Top 500 Design Firms"
* VIQTORY 2020 Military Friendly® Gold Employer
AECOM is the leading, worldwide environmental services provider to industry and government - delivering sustainable energy and environmental solutions to meet compliance, business, and operational needs. Our advisory and technical staff deliver specialized solutions to unusual and complex problems facing client projects across the full business life cycle - from asset planning, development and operations, to product integration and facility compliance, to site remediation, restoration, sustainability and reuse, and holistic strategies that improve and modernize next generation energy infrastructure. Our solutions balance complex technical, regulatory, business and stakeholder issues to produce measurable value and cost-saving approaches for our clients
Our services are delivered by 7,400 responsive environmental professionals around the world. Our global staff has in-depth knowledge of local and regional requirements and broad technical expertise in 60 disciplines. We work together across our global network to bring the best resources, skills, and efficiencies to our projects.
* BA/BS degree and 8+ years of relevant experience in the Environmental, Health, Safety, and Sustainability (EHS&S) consulting industry or demonstrated equivalency or experience and/or education,
* Experience throughout the M&A life cycle and overall EHS operational risk management.
* Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain client relationships within the industrial sector.
* Experience managing multi-dimensional project teams and projects.
* Must be willing and capable of traveling up to an estimated 25% of the time as necessary subject to current policies and guidelines around pandemic concerns, as dictated by local, regional, state, federal, and AECOM's internal company guidelines
* A pre-employment motor vehicle driving record will be conducted
* Sponsorship is not available for this position
* Bachelors degree is preferred in environmental science, geology, environmental engineering, or related field
* Masters degree is desired in environmental science, geology, environmental engineering, or related field
* Advanced ability to manage and direct client relationships via exemplary, diplomatic communication skills and interactions
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.
Job Category Sciences
Business Line Environment
Business Group Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 249083BR
Additional Locations US - Chicago, IL - 303 E Wacker Drive, US - Dallas, TX - 1950 N Stemmons Freeway, US - Los Angeles, CA - 300 S Grand Ave, US - New York, NY - 125 Broad Street, US - San Francisco, CA - 300 California Street
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.