is currently seeking a QC Microbiologist (cGMP, cleanroom)
or one of our top clients located in Vacaville, CA.
This Company is a consistent leader in its field and is well known their services. This is an advancement opportunity and qualified local candidates
(or those who can relocate within 2-3 wks.) are encouraged to apply!Description
QC Microbiologist (cGMP, cleanroom)
- QC Analyst in QC Microbiology. Responsible for sampling and testing of utility systems and manufacturing process spaces.
- Assay optimization. Understand assays; use SOPs, validation protocols, specifications, trends, and expertise to propose solutions to assay issues
- Perform routine and non-routine sample collection according to cGMPs
- Perform a broad variety of basic to complex sample collection and tests in support of QC lab operations
- Perform assays/ laboratory maintenance functions
- Prepare basic and complex laboratory reagents
- Perform data verification and review against established acceptance criteria
- Identify and initiate discrepancies and evaluate cause
- Coaching of others in assay/ laboratory functions using technical expertise
- Order and maintain QC Microbiology lab supply inventory
- Coordinate with customers to support operational activities
- Assist in preparing for internal and external inspections by ensuring laboratory is inspection ready at all times
- Perform other duties as requested by supervisor/manager to support Quality
- Identify assay anomalies
- Anticipate problems and notify supervisor
- Assume responsibility for training and communication of issues
- Identify problems and propose solutions to systems, procedures, and training materials
What's In It For You?
- B.S. / B.A degree. Understanding/knowledge of cGMP QC Microbiology systems
- 0-3 years of QC Microbiology experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 0-3 years of experience is in pharmaceutical or biopharmaceutical industry.
- Experience with classified cleanroom gowning and utility systems.
- Understanding of and adherence to global systems and GMP Compliance requirements/regulations
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, ability to organize and present information both formally and informally. Ability to create environment of strong team spirit and diversity.
- Demonstrated ability to apply knowledge of scientific theories, principles, and techniques used in analytical or biological test procedures.
- Routinely exercises sound judgment, reasoning, and problem solving.
- Capable of working under moderate supervision, independently and as a team, and determining own short-term priorities.
- Develop ability to influence using technical and personal reasoning.
- Capable of completing assigned responsibilities and keeping supervisor informed.
- Capable of lifting up to 30lbs (on flat ground and upstairs) and standing for prolonged periods of time
- Able to work in process space areas requiring gowning and mask as well as pass vision screening
- Able to work in a laboratory environment in the presence of hazardous materials.
- Able to use stairs, ladders, stoop, bend, and kneel as required for gowning and sampling procedures.
- Must be able to work Day and/or Swing Shift and weekends.
We welcome you to be a part of one of the largest global staffing companies to meet your career aspirations. Yoh's network of client companies has been employing professionals like you for over 65 years in the U.S., UK and Canada. Join Yoh's extensive talent community that will provide you with access to Yoh's vast network of opportunities and gain access to this exclusive opportunity available to you.
- Medical, Dental & Vision Benefits
- 401K Retirement Saving Plan
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Direct Deposit & weekly ePayroll
- Employee Discount Programs
- Referral Bonus Programs
Yoh makes finding and applying for jobs simple. Partner with Yoh to find the right opportunities across multiple industries in the US and UK. Find out more here!