Requisition ID 2021-92543 Work Location US-CA-San Diego Department / Discipline Environmental Position Type Staff / Permanent
OVERVIEW / RESPONSIBILITIES
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking an Aquatic Scientist to join our team in San Diego, CA.
The ideal candidate will be team-oriented and self-directed with recent experience participating in aquatic sciences-related projects in Southern California. Experience working as part of field teams, knowledge of field data collection, familiarity with water and sediment quality collection techniques and instruments, small boat handling capabilities, familiarity with toxicology testing/data, and experience with scientific diving is desirable. Strong writing skills are required. Proficiency with univariate and multivariate statistics, data management/analysis software such as R and/or python, and GIS software (ArcGIS) is strongly preferred. Flexibility to assist occasionally on weekends and outside normal business hours is required.
* Participating in field sample collection efforts with senior scientists and other staff level scientists
* Operating field collection equipment and boats (e.g., sediment and water samplers, water quality instruments)
* Recording field measurements and preparing field reports
* Managing and analyzing field-collected data
* Reviewing and analyzing chemistry and toxicology laboratory results
* Data and report review - Quality Assurance/Quality Control
* Writing scientific reports, including preparing text, associated figures, and data tables, and conducting statistical analyses of field and laboratory data
* Participating in regional scientific and other public outreach organizations
SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS
* 1-5 years of experience in aquatic sciences
* BS or MS in Aquatic Sciences, Marine Biology, Marine Science, Environmental Science, Toxicology, Chemistry, Ecology, or Watershed Management
* Familiarity with Southern California Aquatic Environments
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com [http://www.woodplc.com]
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.