We are hiring a Environment, Health and Safety Manager in Wixom Michigan/Lake Orion Michigan or Schaumburg, Illinois. We offer great benefits package all available on Day 1! We believe in development so we offfer tuition reimbursement, 12 paid holidays a year, vacation and sick/personal time and a generous 401K plan. Position Overview:
The, Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) Manager BUS is responsible for designing and implementing programs, best-practices and to ensure compliance with federal, state, local HSE regulatory requirements for Oerlikon Balzers . Reporting to the Head of Operation & HSE Americas, and working through a team of local and/or area HSE responsible personnel, he/she will act as the key champion and driver of all HSE corporate compliance topics within the company (policy directives, HSE Dashboard/Scorecard that includes Action Tasks, MTA/LTA/Environmental reporting, Near Miss Safety Suggestion Reporting, Safety Moments, Safety Observations, Business Warehouse data entry).
This position has responsibility within the organization for mitigating risks and costs associated with HSE matters through timely interventions, employee and manager training, communication, etc. The HSE Manager directs preparation and maintenance of HSE policies and procedure manuals according with BTS and local complianace. The HSE Manager is responsible for keeping abreast of any changes to laws/ regulations and/or corporate compliance standards which may affect existing policies and practices of the company. This position also ensures all necessary records are maintained and prepared according to established guidelines. The HSE Manager also manages the companys participation in Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) inspections, as well as various Corporate Compliance Audits (e.g., ISO, Operations audit, Global HSE audits, Risk assessments,etc.). Responsible for special projects as directed.
With specific responsibility for N. America as it relates to HSE legal requirements, the HSE Manager will coordinate and support activity in the Americas Region (Brazil, Argentina, Mexico) with the aim of standardizing processes and ensuring on-time compliance with corporate initiatives.Position Responsibilities:
- Analyzes organizations risk exposure as related to environment, health, and safety guidelines, and make recommendations on areas to improve
- Generates and appropriately distributes governmental filings and corporate compliance reports as required (specifically for N. America and ensuring that team members in the Americas do the same for their area of responsibility).
- Administers and maintains all HSE and Corporate Compliance training logs as directed
- Responsible for advocating, promoting, and driving a culture of Compliance re: HSE topics
- Works in a cross-functional and collaborative manner with Human Resources, Production, and Business teams as required to apply and enforce standards regarding all HSE topics
- Work with Head of HSE Americas to implement all BTS necessary HSE matter (reports, documents, procedures, best practices)
- Responsible for initiating and maintaining documentation of HSE processes and procedures in a pre-determined document repository
- Acts as advisor to engineering team regarding projects,new centers, tasks, and operations regarding HSE topics
- He/she also monitors the removal of physical, biological and chemical hazards, and training of employees on safety policies, procedures, and regulations
- Prepares presentations as well as impact and compliance reports to present to management as directed
- Manage and control the HSE trainings including reports to the managers and support on Red Vector (training software) trainings when needed
About Us:Oerlikon is a leading global technology Group, with a clear strategy of becoming a global powerhouse in Surface Solutions, advanced materials and materials processing. The Group is committed to investing in value-bringing technologies that provide customers with lighter, more durable materials that are able to increase performance, improve efficiency and reduce the use of scarce resources. A Swiss company with over 100 years of tradition, Oerlikon has a global footprint of more than 10 600 employees at 179 locations in 37 countries and generated sales of CHF 2.3 billion in 2020.
- Bachelors degree in related discipline is required. Masters degree is preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in the field or in a related area
- Strong proficiency with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within environmental, safety, and health related topics
- Strong proficiency with MS Office including MS Work, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Must be service-oriented, team-player, results-driven
- Ability to lead and directs the work of others
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are required as well as strong presentation skills.
- Travel both domestically and internationally as required (50% to 75%)