The Cancer Research Technology Program (CRTP) develops and implements emerging technology, cancer biology expertise and research capabilities to accomplish NCI research objectives. The CRTP is an outward-facing, multi-disciplinary hub purposed to enable the external cancer research community and provides dedicated support to NCI's intramural Center for Cancer Research (CCR). The dedicated units provide expertise in electron microscopy, protein characterization, mass spectrometry, protein expression, optical microscopy, and genomics. These research efforts are an integral part of CCR at the Frederick National Laboratory for Cancer Research (FNLCR), where CRTP scientists work collaboratively with intramural NCI investigators to provide research technologies and expertise.
Postdoctoral fellows participate in all phases of a research, production, or specialized service effort; the design and implementation of research protocols, conduct of experiments, preparation of sophisticated instrumentation, organization of data, interpretation of results, and preparation of acceptable reports, publications or presentations, review manuscripts with supervisor, attend and participate in meetings and seminars.
Work may involve the use of potentially hazardous chemical, biological, or radiological materials or may be located in areas where such materials are used. May require the use of personal protective equipment and adherence to strict safety protocols.
* Independently conduct research project, including generating hypothesis, designing projects, conducting experiments, analyzing data, writing manuscript and publishing
* Independently conduct experiments using biochemistry, molecular biology and pharmacologic approaches and methods
* Present research project in scientific community
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
* Possession of a PhD degree from an accredited college or university according to the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) in a field related to pharmacology, molecular pharmacology, experimental therapeutics, cancer therapy or drug development or eight (8) years of related experience. Foreign degrees must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency
* No additional experience required for candidates with a Doctoral degree
* Ability to conduct experiment using biochemistry, molecular biology, and other methods (hands-on experience)
* Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
* Graduate study related to basic, translational, or clinical study of human diseases
* First-authored publication in peer-reviewed scientific journals
* This position is subject to working with or have potential for exposure to animal(s) and/or animal material(s)
* This position is subject to working with or have potential for exposure to infectious material, requiring medical clearance and immunizations