Ecological Land Services, Inc
. is looking for the next great addition to our team! ELS is an environmental consulting firm serving the Pacific Northwest and Southeast Alaska. We specialize in land, water, and shoreline projects involving wetlands, streams, wildlife, habitat, and endangered, threatened, and sensitive species.
We are seeking a full-time General Manager
to support work in the diverse field of environmental consulting. This position is located at our Longview, Washington
office with occasional travel to branch offices in Bremerton and Washougal. An ELS GM is responsible for contributing financial and HR knowledge, research, and reporting to support team decisions and strategic plans. The GM has fiduciary responsibility for the company and works closely with key executives. The GM is accountable to the board of directors.
This position is also responsible for managing both scientific and administrative staff and providing leadership mentoring that is hands-on and critical for our companys success. A successful candidate will have extensive experience and expertise in managing all levels of personnel.What can Ecological Land Services offer you?
Who are we looking for?
- A competitive compensation package; general range is $8,000 - $9,000 per month depending on experience.
- Benefits including retirement plan with Company match, Company paid medical, health savings account plan (HSA), and Company paid life insurance policy.
- PTO and paid holidays; work/life balance is a priority.
- Continuing education is encouraged and supported.
- A fantastic office and location! Our office is centrally located in Longview, WA.
- Work that is fast-paced and goal-oriented.
- A dynamic team that is supportive, friendly, and fun.
GM ResponsibilitiesLead Finance, Business Development and Company Growth
- You have the ability to wear many hats and manage many projects and people.
- You are analytical and can craft and implement company-wide strategic financial plans.
- You thoughtfully present key financial and HR information to the board of directors, consider different viewpoints, and work toward creative solutions.
- You can be decisive when necessary but are not ego-driven.
- You have the demonstrated ability to lead people.
- You are self-motivated and have an enthusiastic approach to work.
- You enjoy creatively finding solutions and contributing to company goals and improved efficiency.
- You have effective written and oral communication skills with ability to prepare accurate and professional financial documentation.
- You have personal accountability for quality work.
- You are responsive, flexible and adapt easily to changing priorities.
- You can lead conversations by demonstrating kindness and positivity, coupled with outstanding listening skills.
- You can effectively communicate with a wide-range of people, temperaments, and roles including: administrative staff, scientific staff, and board of directors.
Provide Staff Management/Support and Lead Human Resources
- Work with board of directors to formulate and implement a strategic plan that guides the short-and long-term direction of the company.
- Make strategic decisions in line with board of directors mission and vision for business development and company growth.
- Work closely with board of director committees to understand business issues and translate them into financial models and metrics.
- Collaborate with bookkeeper and key executives to coordinate and prepare accurate and timely financial forecasts and annual budgets.
- Ensure that company stays within established budgets and implement cost-control measures as necessary.
- Work with legal counsel and external consultants on financial strategies.
- Outreach with other businesses and business organizations; represent the company in industry-related events and associations.
What knowledge, skills and experience would you bring to the ELS team?
- Provide management of all administrative and scientific staff at main office, in collaboration with existing managers for technical expertise. Assist branch managers with managing scientific staff at branch offices. Management includes both day-to-day staff management and periodic staff performance reviews.
- Provide leadership mentoring for existing managers.
- Work with executive-level committees and technical committees to foster effective communication and solutions.
- Lead HR function. Key areas include: HR processes, recruiting and hiring high-performing employees, employee retention, training and development, succession planning, performance management, and policy development/administration.
- Facilitate company-wide administrative and technical meetings.
- Bachelors Degree in Business Administration, management, or related field or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Five or more years experience:
- As a finance manager or in a similar position.
- Past use of accounting software.
- Related to financial forecasting.
- Providing staff leadership (prefer previous management experience of 10+ employees)
What is it like to work at ELS?
- HR leadership preferred including hiring, employee relations, performance/coaching, employment law application, policy development/administration, training and development, and succession planning. Proficient in MS Word and Excel.
In a recent survey, employees were asked, What do you like most about working at ELS? The number one response was my co-workers.
ELS cultivates an enjoyable and flexible working environment. We support our staff by encouraging training and attainment of specialty certifications to further employee expertise.
We are members of many industry organizations to help promote relationships within our field of expertise, to stay tied to our community, and to facilitate professional development of our staff.How do I apply?
For consideration, please e-mail your resume and cover letter to our hiring process facilitator by clicking 'Apply
This position will remain open until filled.We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.