Job DescriptionWe Are Genetic Navigators
bringing together passionate, creative and dedicated professionals to join a rapidly-growing startup on our mission to translate novel genetic insights into lifesaving medicines. We are integrating human genetics and functional genomics to decode the mysteries of genetic modifiers, leading us to new medicines we'll develop for a range of severe diseases.We are seeking
a talented and highly motivated researcher with experience in molecular and cellular biology to contribute to projects developing stem cell models for drug discovery for a variety of therapeutic areas. The successful candidate will have extensive expertise in developing complex assays using human pluripotent stem cells (hiPSCs/hESCs). Additional experience with CRISPR gene editing, CRISPR screens, and high throughput biology is preferred. As a core member of the stem cell group, you will work independently on experiments using cutting edge functional genomics and biological methods. This is an exciting interdisciplinary role in a dynamic cross-functional team that will contribute directly to the identification of new targets and the design and validation of novel disease-modifying therapeutics.Your Role in Navigating the Maze:
Your Navigation Tools:
- Establish and scale hiPSC differentiation protocols using 2D and 3D organoid cultures.
- Contribute strategically and creatively to in vitro assay design and optimization
- Develop complex assays in hiPSCs for target discovery, target validation, biomarker discovery, and molecular modeling of disease to support drug discovery programs.
- Work alongside functional genomics team to develop and optimize CRISPR screens in iPSCs and their differentiated derivatives.
- Collaborate closely with other scientists, bioinformations, and computational biologists.
- Present findings and data analysis in research meetings.
- PhD degree in a biological discipline with relevant stem cell research experience, or M.S. with 5+ years of stem cell research experience.
- Demonstrated experience and expertise in differentiation of iPSCs into various lineages, e.g. neuronal, cardiac, renal.
- Demonstrated experience in utilizing iPSCs for disease modeling, target discovery, and target validation, preferably in a drug discovery or industry setting.
- Extensive experience with cell-based assay development using wide range of assays including but not limited to ELISA, q-PCR, single-cell RNA seq, flow cytometry, confocal microscopy, and high-content imaging.
- Experience with CRISPR gene editing and pooled/arrayed CRISPR screens is preferred.
- Experience with laboratory automation is a plus.
- Demonstrated record of success with a strong publication record.
- Organized, detail-oriented, excellent record-keeping skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and perform well in a team environment.