A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We're a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
- Responsible for leading scientists designing and executing experiments to characterize the microbiome of the gastrointestinal tract of animals and environmental samples using microbiological and molecular ecology techniques.
- Responsible for developing and optimizing molecular genomics program to identify new gene targets and use comparative genomics to enhance new strain selection and development.
- Implementing molecular and microbial ecology protocols for use by all teams in the research program.
- Analyze and interpret data and make recommendations to support existing products or develop new products.
- Communicate results through progress reports, customer reports, abstracts and manuscripts.
- Present results at customer meetings and scientific conferences.
Role Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Manages the optimization, and validation of various molecular techniques
- Manages the development of new protocols in genomics, molecular biology and microbial ecology.
- Teaches colleagues to independently conduct assays and provides initial analysis.
- Plans experiments and processes samples by means of the most effectual methods.
- Evaluates colleague's data for incorporation into written reports, patents and publications
- Interprets data and makes recommendations for support of existing products or product development.
- Write progress reports, patents and manuscripts.
- Presents research results at scientific conferences
- Adhere to and follow established procedures and policies for working in the laboratory designated for the development of regulated products. Assist in maintaining laboratory compliance including SOP development and equipment maintenance.
- Promotes and contributes to a cohesive team environment and maintains a positive attitude.
Education and Experience
- PhD degree in Microbiology, Chemistry, Biochemistry or related field
- Minimum 5+ years of research experience with proven track record in development of microbial products
Skills and Competencies
- Experience managing a research program for development of microbiology products for application in multispecies livestock systems
- Comprehensive experience with molecular techniques such as DNA isolation, PCR and mPCR.
- Expert in microbial ecology techniques such as amplicon sequencing and transcriptomics.
- Advanced knowledge of computers and bioinformatics programs for data analysis
- Concise and effective verbal and written communication skills to colleagues and customers.
- Ability to manage large workloads at times and to adapt to reprioritization as necessary in a rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to work on multiple, concurrent projects without manager oversight.
- Demonstrated organizational, work planning, and problem-solving skills.
- CHD Core Competencies of Digitally Savvy, Positive Attitude, Aim High, Simplify, Help Out and and Disruption
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/