We are looking for a meticulous, dedicated Environmental Safety Specialist to ensure our employees' occupational health. The Safety Specialist will assist leadership to resolve environmental health issues by identifying risks, and by implementing policies and programs to mitigate these. You will conduct training and presentations to ensure employee awareness of environmental health developments, lead biological monitoring programs, effect corrective actions and halt operations where necessary.PRINCIPLE DUTIES
- Advising and collaborating with management to resolve environmental health issues.
- Experience engaging diverse stakeholders and working with the union work force.
- Experience in lock out/tag out.
- Understanding of federal, state and city environmental safety requirements, including OSHA and EPA.
- Creating and executing studies to monitor and assess employees' exposure to health risks, and to measure effectiveness of environmental health programs, policies, and procedures.
- Assessing and analyzing research data, summarizing statistics, and compiling reports.
- Proposing and leading implementation of programs to protect environmental health.
- Conducting regular audits of programs.
- Ensuring employee awareness of environmental health and safety concerns, programs, and regulations by conducting training and presentations.
- Implementing corrective actions and suspending operations if required.
- Maintaining current knowledge of environmental health and safety legislation.
- Degree in Environmental Safety or related field (CSP)
- 5+ years work experience in similar environmental role including OSHA Construction Safety and Health.
- Knowledge of EPA laws and regulations.
- Proficient knowledge of relevant laws, policies, and procedures.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Proficient organizational skills.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks.
- Certified Environmental and Safety Compliance Officer (CESCO)
- Certified Environmental Auditor
- Associate Safety & Health Manager (ASHM)
- DOT & RCRA Certified
- OSHA 30 Hour Certified
As a global organization, ISS Group is committed to making the international community more resilient and just for all people. We encourage diversity and inclusion in their broadest terms, including ethnicity, race, age, gender, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, religious beliefs, language, culture, and educational background. We look to lead our industry by example and to positively influence the market wherever we operate.
ISS, a leading workplace experience and facility management company, provides placemaking solutions that contribute to better business performance and makes life easier, more productive and enjoyable delivered to high standards by people who care. ISS believes that people make places and places make people. From strategy through to operations, ISS partners with over 60,000 customers in 30+ countries to deliver places that work, think and give and is served by 471,056 employees who connect people and places every single day. In 2019, ISS earned DKK 78 billion in revenue. It is headquartered in Copenhagen, Denmark.