Vertex Pharmaceuticals Incorporated is offering an exciting opportunity for an exceptional Scientist to join our Molecular and Cell Biology group in San Diego. We are seeking a highly motivated, independent scientist to help validate targets, pathways, and disease mechanisms in genetically validated diseases.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
* Performed modern molecular biology techniques to validate novel targets and pathways and provide proof-of-concept in severe genetic diseases with high unmet need (e.g.: Amplicon Sequencing, ddPCR and qPCR).
* Perform immunofluorescence techniques (flow cytometry and/or microscopy) to drive discovery research efforts.
* Work effectively with colleagues from cross-functional disciplines.
* Critically analyze and interpret complex data, and effectively document and communicate results.
* Collaborate and deliver on objectives successfully in a fast-paced, highly matrixed work environment.
* MS in Cellular Biology and 3 years' experience or PhD in cellular biology or related field.
* Skilled in molecular biology techniques including, but not limited to, amplicon sequencing, ddPCR and qPCR.
* Experience in cell characterization techniques e.g., immunofluorescence techniques (flow cytometry and/or microscopy).
* It is essential that the candidate possess strong analytical, communication and problem-solving skills and have strong collaboration abilities to be effective in a team environment focused on drug discovery.
Experience in developing human cell models or in vitro assays
Vertex is a global biotechnology company that invests in scientific innovation.
Vertex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Vertex is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Vertex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law. Any applicant requiring an accommodation in connection with the hiring process and/or to perform the essential functions of the position for which the applicant has applied should make a request to the recruiter or hiring manager, or contact Talent Acquisition at ApplicationAssistance@vrtx.com.