Scientist/Senior Scientist, Bioinformatics/Computational Biology
ImmuneID aims to revolutionize therapeutic drug development by mapping immune disease drivers through our unique, high-throughput and unbiased platforms. We are seeking a Scientist/Senior Scientist, Bioinformatics/Computational Biology to join our growing team of passionate researchers focused on unlocking human immunology.Scope
As a key member of the Science team, the Scientist/Senior Scientist, Bioinformatics/Computational Biology, will support the team in developing, operationalizing and growing ImmuneID infrastructure for statistical and biological analysis and interpretation of all bioinformatics data generated with ImmuneID platforms.
- Partner with an interdisciplinary team in support of ImmuneID programs, with a focus on developing datasets, algorithms, computational pipelines and data storage and mining solutions for big data generated from our proprietary platforms along with public source data.
- Contribute to the development of multiple NGS pipelines and workflows, working in collaboration with wet lab research teams to produce new technologies.
- Assist with data-mining, text mining, machine-learning, data analysis, data visualization and computer programming to top-quality computational data..
- Assist in optimizing and automating the pipeline for data analysis, storage, protection, and sharing.
- Contribute to the overall screening strategy for all programs.
- Engage with other in-house and/or outsourced biostatisticians/programmers.
- Participate in all required training, safety, regulatory, HR, laboratory notebook, and intellectual property activities and corporate policies.
- Monitor and evaluate analytical aspects of new and emerging technologies, and present scientific and technical data to colleagues in a clear and cohesive manner.
- Prepare project timetables, schedules, and deliverables.
- Work in a matrix environment with research partners.
- PhD in Computational/Informatics, Biostatistics, preferably with biopharmaceutical industry experience.
- Proficiency with programming and scripting languages, including R and Python.
- Experience with high throughput sequencing.
- Experience contributing to the creation of open, complex searchable datasets for end users.
- Highly motivated with ability to work successfully in a matrixed team environment and independently.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Team player with ability to work successfully across disciplines.
Additional desirable experience:
- Wet lab experience in biochemistry and molecular biology
- Understanding of immunology and translational research
- Experience in genetic screening library design
ImmuneID is a precision immunology company creating novel and transformational therapies by combining powerful next-generation sequencing with robust protein display technologies to comprehensively characterize patient antibody interactions in immune diseases. Our proprietary, unbiased platform rapidly and affordably identifies millions of antibody-target interactions to build the map of human immunity. Through a combination of passionate bench science, insightful computational biology, and big data generation, ImmuneID will improve and personalize patient diagnoses to deliver precise treatments for immune-mediated diseases. Founded in late 2020 by Longwood Fund, ImmuneID is headquartered in Cambridge, MA For more information, visit www.immuneidrx.com.
ImmuneID is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our goal is to have a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, age, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or disability or any other status protected under federal, state or local law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.