The Senior Analyst prepares and analyzes environmental samples according to scientific methodology in compliance with company Quality Assurance programs and SOP's and must be knowledgeable of both job-specific routine and complex analyses. The analyst validates and reviews data for accuracy, and uploads laboratory data into the LIMS that ultimately generates required reports to clients. Schedules sample workload according to due dates and sample hold times and must be knowledgeable of the job-specific laboratory testing equipment, requiring the exercise of discretion and judgment in its operation. Responsible for ensuring compliance and integration of facility operation with corporate and regulatory policies and procedures. Fulfills supervisory responsibilities with direct reports to achieve strong staff performance and mentors key employees.Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Prepare and analyze environmental samples
- Accurately enters and reports analytical data using the LIMS
- Performs independent data reviews for other analysts' work
- Performs analysis of reference materials, proficiency samples and other quality control samples as needed
- Maintains client service and provides technical support as needed
- Assists the QA manager in development, implementation, and data collection of QA processes for the different analytical tests
- Performs confirmation of lab results as needed by client services personnel
- Performs and completes all analytical testing QA related tasks as needed
- Assists in pursuing, receiving, and maintaining necessary laboratory accreditations
- Maintains and updates all necessary Training and QA documents onsite as necessary
- Co-ordinates and manages projects according to their rush status and due time for timely delivery
- Assists co-workers on analytical questions, as necessary
- Participates in Lean initiatives and projects when called upon
- Follows company policies and procedures
- Manages and maintains the inventory of re-sale supply items and laboratory consumables and takes necessary steps to re-order supplies as needed
- Manages and disposes analyzed samples as needed
- Trains new mycology or bacteriology or asbestos or other analytical testing Analysts as needed
- Recommends and coordinates sample transfer as necessary
- Establishes and maintains laboratory stock culture and reference samples
- Performs root cause analysis and determines and implements corrective actions for errors and issues as necessary
- Maintains all equipment properly and co-ordinates servicing of all equipment used in the laboratory, as needed
- Routinely communicates available capacity to Cluster Leader
- Supports other departments within the lab (mycology, asbestos, bacteriology, and other) when appropriate and as needed
- Responsible for upholding and enforcing Company policies, including but not limited to, Quality, Safety, Standard Operating Procedures, Ethics, and Harassment.
- Establishes and maintains an active and positive safety culture and ensures that the Employee Health and Safety procedures are implemented and followed to maintain facility operations that are compliant with appropriate policies and regulations.
- Communicates facility-specific goals and objectives to employees. Communicates and implements company initiatives designed to foster teamwork and communication.
- Conducts regular 1:1 and group meetings with key personnel
- Provides yearly performance reviews to all reporting managers and ensures that the laboratory meet deadlines for submittal of reviews for all employees.
- Other responsibilities as deemed necessary by the Supervisor/Manager
Basic Minimum Qualifications (BMQ):
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill or ability required.Education/Experience (BMQ)
BS/BA degree in Biology or a closely related fieldExperience
- 1 year supervisory experience preferred
- 2 years analytical experience or related technical field
Supervises other analystsAbility And/or Skills (BMQ)
- Familiarity with laboratory operations and services
- Analytical laboratory techniques
- Laboratory QA requirements
- Knowledge of computers, spreadsheets, and databases
- Ability to prioritize and delegate responsibilities
- Strong decision-making abilities
- Problem-solving abilities
- Strong communication
- Highly organized
Eurofins Environment Testing Businesses in US are routinely engaged in Federal Contracts. Federal Government vaccination mandates apply to staff working in these businesses. Successful applicants will be required to confirm vaccination status or demonstrate eligibility for medical or religious exemptions prior to commencing employment.
We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and vacation, personal days, and dental and vision options.Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.