We are seeking a highly skilled research associate to lead mechanism of action and pharmacology studies on Dicernas GalXC therapeutics. Major responsibilities include conducting in vivo studies on our pre-clinical and clinical candidates and conducting hands-on research. You will apply your expertise on animal dosing and surgery and deep understanding of the molecular and cellular biology to study liver diseases and play an important role in all phases of drug discovery and clinical development at Dicerna.Key Responsibilities
- Play a role in guiding creative and rigorous biological research programs aimed at fully understanding the disease mechanism of Dicernas pipeline.
- Conduct efficacy, pharmacokinetic, pharmacodynamics, structure-activity-relationship and mechanisms of action studies of drug candidates
- Use appropriate in vivomodels to understand the mechanisms by which our drug candidates may contribute to adverse events in patients
- Present working progress to team members in group meeting
- Work closely with members of Dicernas research team to develop in vivo strategies to quickly and effectively address key questions related to the safety and efficacy of our drugs.
- Review literature and provide insights to research directions, while predominantly making hands-on contributions to the research
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Biology, Pharmacology, or related field, with a minimum of 1-3 years of experience.
- Proficient in animal handling, dosing and surgery. Proficient in techniques including but not limited to oral gavage, intravenous injection, subcutaneous injection, blood collection and basic surgery
- In depth knowledge of, and hands-on experience with, in vitroand in vivo models used for mechanistic investigation with small molecule or RNAi therapeutics
- Experience performing molecular and cellular biology techniques, including but not limited to RNA preparation, RT-qPCR, ELISA, immunohistochemistry, urine biomarker analysis, plasma biomarker analysis
- Broad and deep understanding of signaling pathways and biological processes implicated in rare genetic liver diseases as well as the mechanism of action of RNAi therapies is desirable
- Previous Experience In Drug Discovery Is Preferred
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- A high level of motivation and demonstrated record of accomplishment throughout your career
- The ability to work effectively as part of a team, in a fast-paced environment