We are looking for a sharp Senior Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) Specialist
to join our team in Central CA. We are a growing, highly respected Environmental, Health, and Safety consulting firm based out of Orange County. We work on a wide variety of Water, Waste, and Air Permitting and Compliance projects, across a diverse range of California industries and locations.
We offer a friendly, high performance, team-oriented work environment where professionals can grow amongst their respective peers. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to expand their professional development in a challenging yet rewarding environment.
This is a full-time position from either one of our Central CA offices (Fresno, Merced, Modesto) during our normal business hours. We offer a full benefits package including Paid Time Off, Holidays, Full Medical/Dental/Vision, along with a 401k with company match. Position Summary:
The Senior Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) Specialist
performs professional engineering work of considerable complexity and/or executes technical projects and day to day compliance in Waste, Water, and Safety regulations as well as some Air Quality regulations. Support of our multimedia services such as Hazardous Waste/Materials management, Storm Water and Wastewater compliance, On-Site compliance, and Safety/IH will be expected. This candidate will be analyzing regulatory required compliance and technical issues, communicating those analyses within Yorke, with clients, and with regulatory agencies, providing project management leadership and support to project teams, and performs other duties as required or assigned.
This is a Senior level position working under general supervision and guidance. Positions at this level are assigned to perform the more complex and sensitive duties in the occupational field. As a Senior Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) Specialist
you will also help to provide staff mentorship and training, and peer review for junior-level staff. The candidate qualifications we are looking for include:
- Minimum 8-12 years of work experience as an Environmental professional with a focus on Waste, Water, and Safety/IH, preferably in a consulting environment;
- Experience in multimedia and environmental services with a focus on:
- o Hazardous Waste and Materials Compliance such as CalARP, SPCCs, HMBPs, CERS and TRI Reporting;
- o Industrial Storm Water and Wastewater Permitting and Compliance;
- o On-Site EHS Support;
- o QISP Services, MS4 Permits, Special Discharge Permits;
- o Air Quality Compliance;
- o Safety/Industrial Hygiene Compliance;
- Extensive experience with process, manufacturing, and/or other industrial facilities;
- Ability to manage multiple clients at any given time without losing focus of quality;
- Proven track record of successful regulatory work in dealing with regulatory agencies;
- Ability to perform safety, environmental, or occupational health inspections for compliance with established policies to identify potential new hazards;
- Highly motivated to continue working in the Waste, Water, Environmental and Safety field and expand their knowledge and experience.
- B.S. degree or higher in Chemical Engineering, Occupational Health/Safety, Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering, Chemistry, or other relevant technical degree (minimum GPA of 3.0);
- Project Management experience and/or experience in supporting project teams;
- Well-developed technical expertise in Multimedia, EH&S, and Air rules and regulatory compliance;
- Excellent verbal and written communication;
- Analysis, interpretation, and application of rules and regulations towards practical solutions;
- Capable of working independently in the field;
- CA experience is required;
- Ability to think critically and develop solutions;
- Advanced computer applications, database management and strong Microsoft 365, Sharepoint, Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Access abilities;
- Field experience and ability to travel to client sites;
- QISP or CSP highly preferred
Company DescriptionYorke Engineering, LLC has assisted over 1200 customers with their Air Quality and Environmental compliance, engineering, and permitting issues. Our philosophy is to efficiently help Government and Industrial customers with the complex array of Environmental rules and regulations issued by the local, state and federal agencies. From simple permits to complex agency negotiations, from small companies to the largest of California's organizations, Yorke Engineering has successfully helped solve our clients' Air Quality and Environmental issues in a cost effective and efficient manner.
Our staff has over 1000 years of combined environmental experience and consists of engineers that specialize in Air Quality, Waste, Water, CEQA, and Safety/IH.