Research Associate, Platform Biology Location: South San Francisco
Our client is on a mission to help patients regain independence through the thoughtful design of safe and reversible therapeutics. They are currently in Stealth Mode, designing and developing a novel CRISPR-based epigenetic technology to cure age-related disorders. What you will accomplish here:
- Contribute to the design and implementation of assays and experiments for assessing cellular reprogramming and chondrogenesis
- Hands-on bench work focused on molecular biology, cell culture, and assay development.
- Cross-collaborative work with written and spoken communication skills.
- Troubleshooting and data interpretation
- Work in a fast-paced startup environment and complete project goals in a timely manner.
- B.S. with 2+ years of experience or M.S. with 1+ years of experience.
- Molecular cloning experience with ligation and Gibson assembly approaches
- Cell culture with stem cells, primary cells, and immortalized cells
- Cell manipulation with chemical transfection, viral transduction, and CRISPR
- RNA and Protein Assays with DNA/RNA extraction, PCR, RT-qPCR, Western blot, ELISA
- Previous experience with writing SOPs and in filling out ELNs
- Cell differentiation experience (mesenchymal experience a big plus)
- Baculovirus production
- FACS analysis
- Strong assay development knowledge
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Previous experience working in industry, preferably at either a gene therapy company or a startup