Job ID 210005NX
Available Openings 10
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Performs a wide variety of moderately and highly complex tasks and analysis of human fluids and tissues, using manual procedures as well as operating various laboratory equipment and automated analyzer systems. Responsible for acceptable quality control accurate testing, and release of accurate patient results in collaboration with the Lead, Supervisor or Manager.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Under close supervision acquires job skills and learns company policies, and procedures to complete routine tasks such as performing complexity testing, editing, and reporting of various clinical tests as directed under department SOPs.
* Works on assignments that are routine in nature.
* May be involved in decision-making under the supervision of a technical supervisor or lead.
* Performs testing and review quality control before finalizing the release of test results, inclusive of documentation, and other reporting mechanism.
* Performs maintenance of laboratory instrumentation.
* Resolves instrumentation and methodology issues.
* Complies with all laboratory safety protocols, including, but not limited to, the use of personal protective equipment (PPE), proper laboratory techniques, disposal of biohazard, etc.
* May be able to act as a primary contact for departmental inquiries, clarification and research of samples and test results. Capable of coordinating and facilitating department workflow.
* May be able to place orders for reagents, chemicals, equipment parts, and other miscellaneous items as needed. Capable of interpreting all methodologies and method specifications as requested by the client, management, QA, and Compliance.
* Demonstrates continued competence in all designated areas.
* Responsible for completing proficiency testing including, but not limited to, reviews and investigation as required, collection of Quality Control, instrument data, and appropriate approval signatures.
* Assists and perform validation studies, analyze data, investigate, and suggest resolutions to variations from specifications.
* Escalates issues to supervisor for resolution, as deemed necessary.
* Reviews and complies with the Code of Business Conduct and all applicable company policies and procedures, local, state and, federal laws and regulations.
* Assists with various projects as assigned by the direct supervisor or covering laboratory supervisor.
* Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
* The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Must be able to lift up to 40lb and be able to sit/stand for extended periods in a laboratory environment.
* Must be able to work with clinical and environmental samples, including, but not limited to blood, urine, etc.
* Must be able to work with chemicals and/or reagents specific to laboratory testing.
* Must be able to work in a medium to high noise level.
* No previous supervisory experience required.
* Bachelor's Degree in Medical Laboratory Sciences or Biological Sciences required.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
* 0 - 3 years' related experience.
* Demonstrated basic experience in clinical laboratory required.
* Good verbal communication skills.
* Must be able to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time efficiently.
* Prior experience with laboratory systems preferred.
* PC literacy required.
* Ability to follow precise directions in a situation requiring speed, accuracy, and efficiency.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.