US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION: Yes
RELOCATION ASSISTANCE: No relocation assistance available
CLEARANCE TYPE: None
TRAVEL: Yes, 10% of the Time
Join Northrop Grumman on our continued mission to push the boundaries of possible across land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace. Enjoy a culture where your voice is valued and start contributing to our team of passionate professionals providing real-life solutions to our world's biggest challenges. We take pride in creating purposeful work and allowing our employees to grow and achieve their goals every day by Defining Possible. With our competitive pay and comprehensive benefits, we have the right opportunities to fit your life and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Defense Systems sector (NGDS) is seeking an Associate Environmental Health and Safety Engineer to join our growing team of diverse professionals at our sector headquarters in McLean, Virginia.
* Assists with the collection, analysis, and reporting of monthly, quarterly, and annual environmental sustainability metrics for divisions and the Sector
* Assists with identification, planning, and coordination of Environmental Sustainability projects at sector level
* Collaborates with internal stakeholders including sites' facilities and engineering teams to assist with development and implementation of sustainability solutions focusing on energy efficiency, GHG and water usage reduction, and solid waste diversion
* Assists with ongoing sustainability performance metrics
* Assists with annual data collection and reporting for the DS Sector - including but not limited to solid waste, hazardous waste, energy and fuel usage, and water consumption
* Authors and deploys employee-facing communications
* Assists in developing and maintaining sector's environmental sustainability and compliance tools (Tableau, SharePoint/Intranet content, etc.)
* Oversees sector's electric vehicle charging program and leads sector's fleet electrification initiative
* Oversees environmental compliance and sustainability initiatives for NGDS headquarters in McLean
* Provides support to environmental compliance across sector sites and to sector EHS organizations
* Bachelor's degree in engineering, environmental science, or a related discipline
* Ability to solve complex problems by: actively seeking information and new ideas from a variety of sources; consistently looking for novel ways to solve problem, mastering unfamiliar information, tasks and situations quickly and effectively
* Excellent communication and collaboration skills with all levels of an organization
* Computer based skills specifically with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point
* Familiarity with and passion for environmental sustainability
* Must be able to travel as needed (up to 10% of the time)
* Must be able to work on-site in McLean, Virginia
* Must be able to demonstrate full COVID-19 vaccination status
* Experience with solid and hazardous waste diversion projects and initiatives
* Familiarity with RCRA, Clean Air Act, EPCRA and/or stormwater management activities.
* Experience with SAP, Tableau, Alteryx, and/or Microsoft SharePoint programs.
* GPA of 3.5 or higher
Salary Range: $60,800.00 - $91,200.00
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO [http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO]. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.