ICF LLC Inc is currently seeking to fill a position of Senior Data Validator for the USEPA Region 5 ESAT team. This position is located at the USEPA CRL in Chicago Illinois. This team provides technical, analytical and quality assurance (QA) support, primarily to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Superfund Program, other EPA programs, Federal and state agencies, and tribal organizations to facilitate identification, assessment, regulation, and remediation of environmental hazards which may pose a threat to human health or the environment. These requirements necessitate that EPA gather and/or generate information on which to base administrative, regulatory, and/or human health decisions.
What You Will Do
* Evaluate environmental laboratory analytical data for compliance with method and program/project QA/QC requirements following National Functional Guidelines and Region specific Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
* Review SOPs and analytical methods for correctness and applicability.
* Submit validation reports to the customer after EPA approval
What You Will Need
* Bachelor's degree in Chemistry (preferred), Biology, Physics, Geology, Environmental Science, Hydrogeology, Environmental Engineering, or related science.
* Minimum of 8 years' experience either analyzing samples for in-organic analytes or validating data in either a commercial or regulatory setting.
* Experience analyzing environmental samples for either organic or inorganic constuants.
* A track record of problem solving and experience applying your learned skills to the task at hand.
* Knowledge of the 2020 National Functional Guidelines and the validation of environmental data
* Strong Quality Control and Quality Assurance skills.
* The desire to learn analytical skills.
* The ability to work closely with a diverse team of individuals to meet our customers needs and surpass their goals.
* Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills and the ability to think critically.
* Must be authorized to work in the US
* MUST BE ABLE TO PASS an EPA background check to obtain access to US federal property.
* Must be able to lift and carry 40 pounds.
* Possession of OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER certification and current 8-hour refresher is desirable.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you're seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF-together for tomorrow.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy [https://www.icf.com/legal/equal-employment-opportunity].
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com [firstname.lastname@example.org] and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law [https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf] and Pay Transparency Statement [https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_English_unformattedESQA508c.pdf].
Illinois Client Office (IL88)