At Cepheid, we are passionate about improving health care through fast, accurate diagnostic testing. Our mission drives us, every moment of every day, as we develop scalable, groundbreaking solutions to solve the world's most complex health challenges. Our associates are involved in every stage of molecular diagnostics, from ideation to development and delivery of testing advancements that improve patient outcomes across a range of settings. As a member of our team, you can make an immediate, measurable impact on a global scale, within an environment that fosters career growth and development.
Cepheid is proud to work alongside a community of six fellow Danaher Diagnostics companies. Together, we're working at the pace of change on diagnostic tools that address the world's biggest health challenges, driven by knowing that behind every test there is a patient waiting.
Learn about the Danaher Business System which makes everything possible.
The EHS professional will have the opportunity to:
- Audit and perform supplier capability assessments as required during program design changes / development.
- Evaluate suppliers based on selection criteria and provide input to internal supplier selection and qualification processes.
- Review and align with design engineering/manufacturing teams prior to pursuing new/alternate suppliers.
- Drive Cepheid requirements at supplier, while representing supplier capabilities within Cepheid.
- Identify and assess critical to function elements and features of a component and develop controls within the supply chain to ensure sustainable predictable supply.
- Characterize existing processes, establish controls for critical parameters, improve process robustness, cycle time, and yield
- Identify and drive opportunities for improvement (VAVE / DFx) with a cross-functional team and using data analytics to make recommendations on actions.
- Ability to reverse engineer a component to understand what manufacturing processes impact functional performance.
- Review and drive corrective actions on supplier issues; be a problem-solver.
- Review and approve engineering change orders to transfer new processes/changes to suppliers and ensure effective training.
This position is part of the EHS function and will be located in Lodi and Newark , CA.The Scope of the job include:
Essential requirements for the role:
- Execute site EHS compliance and management systems in accordance with governmental and company requirements.
- Execute the development, implementation, and maintenance of environmental, health, and safety (EHS) programs to ensure compliance, injury prevention, and risk mitigation.
- Manage projects in EHS.
- Partner with Cepheid site leaders to continuously improve the safety culture, awareness, and accountability in support of EHS programs.
- Interface with site EHS committees, as well as the Emergency Response and Crisis Management teams.
- Evaluate proposed Federal, state, and local EHS compliance laws and regulations to determine impact to compliance programs and business operations.
- Interpret laws and regulations to determine applicability for facilities of responsibility and implement programs to comply.
- Execute EHS management systems programs and associated documentation.
- Support environmental compliance metrics including Storm, hazardous material management, Air permits, Life Safety, Hazardous Wastes, Form R reporting, Spill Prevention Countermeasures and Control Programs and chemical tracking and inventory programs.
- Complete audits, IH sampling, ergonomic assessments, and assists in pollution prevention activities.
- Travel 15%.
- Must demonstrate personal integrity and high ethical standards.
- Bachelor's degree with 2+ years of related work experience.
- Master's degree in field with 0-2 years of related work experience.
Cepheid, a Danaher company, offers a broad array of comprehensive, competitive benefit programs that add value to our lives. Whether it's a health care program or paid time off, our programs contribute to life beyond the job. Check out our benefits at danaherbenefitsinfo.com.
When you join us, you'll also be joining Danaher's global organization, where 69,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, you'll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System tools and the stability of a tested organization.
Danaher is committed to a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels they belong and all voices are heard. We believe in our associates and the unique perspectives they bring to every challenge, which is why we'll empower you to push the boundaries of what's possible.
If you've ever wondered what's within you, there's no better time to find out.