We are seeking a Scientist III
, Molecular Biology
for a very important client.
What will you do?
- Will apply technical knowledge to develop and bring to market CLIA-waved diagnostic kit
- Develop a hypothesis and then design the necessary set of experiments to test the hypothesis with limited guidance
- Analyze the data derived and explain the outcome of your experiments
- Maintain accurate and detailed lab notebooks and appropriate documentation based on the scientific method enabling other scientists to reproduce your experiments
- Support verification and validation studies as well as clinical trials
- May assist in preparing material for regulatory filings, manuals, articles for the newsletter, patents or scientific publications
- Prepares regular reports documenting procedures and experimental results
- Presents research data and conclusions in 10-30-minute sessions
- Ability to read a scientific paper, reproduce the experiments described and understand the conclusions
- Ability to read patents and understand details of invention and claims
- Complete lab compliance activities
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Strong laboratory and technical hands-on skills required:
- Pipet and perform procedures reproducibly
- Perform a dilution series to create a standard curve
- Perform lab calculations needed to make solutions from powder or from stock solutions and able to make the buffers from recipes
- Operate basic lab equipment such as computers, centrifuges, quantitation instruments, Agilent Bioanalyzer, PCR, real-time qPCR instruments, plate readers etc
- Routine experience with most common molecular procedures such as nucleic acid isolation, endpoint PCR, real-time PCR
- Experience writing and implementing quality focused procedures
- Experience working with BSL2 sample types in BSL2 lab setting
- Has a good basic understanding of project management and product development principles
- Build productive cross-functional relationships with colleagues in other areas, including Operations, Regulatory/Quality, and Product Management
- Strong knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet programs, PowerPoint, and statistical analysis.
- Creative, innovative and analytical
- Good writing and presentation skills
- Strong documentation and strong organizational skills
- Works well in a team setting
- Capable of multi-tasking and ensure timely completion and execution of tasks
- Pays attention to details
- Be agile with changing environments
- Shows initiative by taking on new tasks, beyond what is generally expected
- Inspires and co-ordinates people to achieve specific goals
- Generates ideas to improve current processes
- BS in any of the biological sciences plus minimum of 6 years performing research in an industrial setting; preferably a regulated environment. PhD or MS plus experience is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- A broad knowledge of molecular biology. Strong skills at the laboratory bench. The ability to communicate complicated scientific concepts in clear simple terms.