Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine?
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future
to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law. OBJECTIVES/PURPOSE
The Cell Engager team of the Oncology DDU is seeking a highly motivated Scientist I with demonstrated skills in characterizing novel cell engager molecules. The interested candidate must have extensive experience developing and advancing Immunobiologics for Oncology. As a member of the team, the candidate will be responsible for assessing therapeutic concepts of tumor suppression involving myeloid,innate biology and T cell Biology. The candidate must be skilled at executing MOA based assays, HTS to aid with advancement of pipeline programs from concept to IND. The position will require the individual to be hands-on. The individual will work very closely with other functional groups within the ODDU and outside, such as Global Biologics, Translational, DMPK, DSRE,CTI etc as part of a matrixed organization. He/She will demonstrate effective communication and documentation of results. Ideal applicant will be team-oriented, possess excellent communication and organizational skills. ACCOUNTABILITIES
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Independently designs key immune and cell based assays related to cytotoxicity, cytokine release to interrogate therapeutic concepts and various cell engager molecules from early assay development to screening of lead assets
- Works closely with in vivo scientists as well as CROs to design studies and sample collection for exvivo analysis.
- Will work closely with both C2H and IOI teams to establish assays and screen macrophage engager molecules.
- Profiling of the tumor microenvironment to understand therapeutic impact on tumor antigen expression, exhaustion and suppression including role of MDSCs and macrophages
- Supports target validation by characterizing binding, effector function
- activity, mechanism of action, internalization
- Support biomarker discovery for early and late stage programs working closely with the translational team, bridging preclinical data with tox and exvivo platforms
- Participates in analysis of in vivo studies to help establish PK/PD and Efficacy relationships
- Serve as the pharmacology/IO biology rep on project teams
- Identify state of the art experimental protocols and relevant IO assays
- Interrogates novel biology as it relates to new COBRA designs
- Leads from the bench by providing direct supervision and mentoring to junior level scientsist and Research associates.
- Executes experiments with minimum supervision and delivers comprehensive high quality data sets to enable decision making
- Keep up with published literature centered around cancer targets and IO therapies relavant to the Takeda's CE strategy
- Identifies, plans and executes well defined scientific projects and communicates program strategy and timelines to management.
- Utilizes relevant information, technology and resources, contributing to complex team problem resolution and objectives
- Interprets results of complex experiments
- Prepares and presents comprehensive technical or project reports and formal presentations / posters to full range of internal/external audiences.
- Maintain laboratory notebooks and follow laboratory practices in compliance
- Demonstrates theoretical knowledge of large molecule therapeutics (Abs, bispecifics, etc)
- Keeps current with emerging trends in immne cell engagers for application in cancer therapy
- Able to clarify requests and provide suggestions and put data into context especially in context of assay design and quality of data
- Demonstrates in-depth technical knowledge within various assay development platforms
- independently investigates new immunological techniques, that can be applied to team projects
- Serves as the in vitro immunobiology lead on projects providing key scientific feedback to advance programs in a matrixed environment.
- Mentors junior staff
- Independently manages own workload
- Scientifically independent
- Provides information to project teams to influence direction, align with departmental goals and/or business
- Conducts scientific presentations to internal audiences
- Collaborates with others across sites, and acts as scientific resource for in vitro pharmacology
- Participates in and supervises external interactions and collaborations with companies and academic research groups and potential collaborator as needed
- Expected to participate in new target identification / validation process
- Strives towards expanding scientific knowledge in immunology
- Receives high level instructions on work; determines methods on new assignments; demonstrated greater independence; may manage interns
- PhD with 2+ experience, MS with 8+ BS with 10+ years experience, Immunology, Pharmacology, Oncology.
- Industry experience with a focus on Immunology, or Oncology is preferred
- Current knowledge of oncology research, drug discovery and development with an emphasis on immune cell activation, checkpoint blockade, exhaustion pathways as well as markers for anti-tumor efficacy
- Exerience culturing and maintaining human tumor cell lines and primary human/cyno cells including but not limited to T cells is required
- Experience or the ability to innovate in novel preclinical in vitro , in vivo and ex vivo oncology model development and functional screens that enables bridging from tumor biology to host immunity
- Experience with biologics is a must (Antibodies, ADCs, Cell therapies etc) is required
- Proven ability to evaluate biologics using various assays including, binding, cytotoxicity, proliferation, activation, internalization, fluorescence imaging, reporter based etc is required
- Familiarity with preclinical models of immuno-oncology
- Hands -on basic experience with multi-color flow cytometry, molecular biology techniques (PCR, Gibson assembly, cloning etc),Western blot ELISA, MSD, RNA isolation qPCR and other standard cell based and non-cell based biochemical assays is required
- Experience with cell engineering and gene editing is preferred
- Experience in the design and construction of mammalian expression vectors and cell transfection and/or viral-mediated cell transduction, preferably of primary immune cells is preferred
- Knowledge of drug discovery process and pharmacology is essential.
- Use of scientific databases and application for data management and data analysis
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills,
- Excellent team player with a can-do attitude with an ability to thrive in a dynamic "biotech- like" environment and work in cross-functional project teams
- Innovative and critical thinking
- Self-motivated, collaborative with excellent time management and organizational skills
LOCATION & TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS:
• This role is considered a hybrid position and you must be able to work onsite in Cambridge, MA on average 2-3 days per week.WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Effective November 1, 2021, absent an approved religious or medical reason, all US office-based and lab-based Takeda employees who work fully on-site or in a hybrid model (as determined by Takeda) must be fully vaccinated to work at a Takeda site or to engage with Takeda colleagues or anyone else on behalf of Takeda. As of the same date, absent an approved religious or medical reason, US field-based employees, employees must be fully vaccinated in order to continue in their current roles. US employees who work at a Takeda manufacturing facility, and those who work at a BioLife center or BioLife lab, may be subject to different guidelines. Candidates are encouraged to speak with their recruiter to seek further information on the applicable guidelines for the Business Unit/Function for which they have applied.Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
In accordance with the CO Equal Pay Act, Colorado Applicants Are Not Permitted to Apply.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law. Locations
Boston, MAWorker Type