For 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we'll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
The Associate Scientist in Cellular and Molecular Biology (CMB) is responsible for developing and performing cellular, molecular, and/or biochemical assays. The individual in this role demonstrates proficiency in data analysis and the use of instrumentation and laboratory techniques to effectively and independently conduct method development, validation, and sample analysis primarily using quantitative polymerase chain reaction (qPCR) methodologies and according to applicable Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and/or GxP regulations.
Qualifications (Knowledge, Experience, Skills and Abilities required to accomplish the essential functions) include but are not limited to:
* PhD in relevant field and 0-2 years in specialty; or
* Master's degree in relevant field and 2-6 years in specialty preferred; or
* Bachelor's degree in relevant field and 4-7 years in specialty; contract research organization experience preferred.
* An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
* Significant training and expertise in at least one of the following areas: modern cellular biology, molecular biology, and/or biochemistry.
* Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team environment to solve research-related problems and implement new technologies.
* Ability to communicate verbally and in writing at all levels inside and outside the organization.
* Basic familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite.
* Computer skills, commensurate with essential functions, including the ability to learn a validated system.
* Ability to work extended hours beyond normal work schedule to include, but not limited to evenings, weekends, extended shifts, and/or extra shifts; sometimes on short notice.
* Ability to work under specific time constraints.
About Safety Assessment
Charles River is committed to helping our partners expedite their preclinical drug development with exceptional safety assessment services, state-of-the-art facilities and expert regulatory guidance. From individual specialty toxicology and IND enabling studies to tailored packages and total laboratory support, our deeply experienced team can design and execute programs that anticipate challenges and avoid roadblocks for a smooth, efficient journey to market. Each year approximately 300 investigational new drug (IND) programs are conducted in our Safety Assessment facilities.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients' clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 17,000 employees within 90 facilities in 20 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client's unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world. And in 2019, revenue increased to $2.62 billion.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people's lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of ~85% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2019.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Disabled/Vet.
If you are interested in applying to Charles River Laboratories and need special assistance or an accommodation due to a disability to complete any forms or to otherwise participate in the resume submission process, please contact a member of our Human Resources team by sending an e-mail message to crrecruitment_US@crl.com. This contact is for accommodation requests for individuals with disabilities only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For more information, please visit www.criver.com.