For 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work e perform. In return, we'll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
We are seeking a Research Associate I for our Safety Assessment site located in Frederick, MD.
Assist scientific staff by working under general guidance/supervision on basic scientific support, report development, regulatory compliance, and research.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
* Prepare protocols and amendments if applicable.
* Review study file for accuracy of scope of work prior to study initiation.
* Provide input to pathologists on workload prioritization.
* Assist pathologists with client communication, project tracking, and coordination.
* Monitor key study events including deliverables to client with guidance.
* Prepare basic tables for pathology reports.
* May perform image analysis with guidance.
* Assist with microphotography, whole slide scanning and/or radiography.
* Label, edit, arrange/organize, and print digital images.
* Assist in the preparation of pathology reports as directed by pathologists using basic templates.
* Conduct basic literature searches.
* Provide quality control review of basic reports and pathology data with assistance as needed
* Work with Regulatory Affairs and Compliance and the various laboratories to respond to audits, complete reports.
* Conduct scientific tasks with guidance as directed by the Study Director or Pathologist.
The following are minimum requirements related to the Research Associate I position.
* Education: Bachelor's degree (B.S./B.A.) or equivalent in biology, zoology, chemistry, pathology or related field.
* Experience: 0 - 2 years of relevant experience. Experience in the biomedical research industry desired. Technical laboratory experience is preferred.
* An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
* Other: Demonstrate skills in technical writing, oral communication and customer service. Good computer skills, problem solving and attention to detail.
About Safety Assessment
Charles River is committed to helping our partners expedite their preclinical drug development with exceptional safety assessment services, state-of-the-art facilities and expert regulatory guidance. From individual specialty toxicology and IND enabling studies to tailored packages and total laboratory support, our deeply experienced team can design and execute programs that anticipate challenges and avoid roadblocks for a smooth, efficient journey to market. Each year approximately 120 investigational new drug (IND) programs are conducted in our Safety Assessment facilities.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients' clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 11,000 employees within 70 facilities in 18 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client's unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world. And in 2016, revenue increased by 23.3% to $1.68 billion from $1.36 billion in 2015.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people's lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of ~70% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2016.
For more information, please visit www.criver.com [http://www.criver.com].
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vet