Farallon Consulting, L.L.C. has an opening for an Environmental Data Analyst in any of it's West Coast offices.
Farallon's outstanding reputation for resolving challenges on a broad array of environmental projects is the result of the expertise and dedication of highly motivated professionals working toward a common goal. To build on this reputation, Farallon is committed to attracting high-quality people and retaining them for the long term.
Farallon provides an integrated suite of environmental consulting and engineering services to a wide range of private- and public-sector clients. Specialty areas include environmental due diligence, site characterization, engineering/remediation services, natural resources, stormwater management, and mediation/litigation support. The firm is headquartered in Issaquah, Washington, with branch offices in Seattle and Bellingham, Washington; Portland, and Baker City, Oregon; and Oakland, and Irvine, California.
Work with Farallon's scientists and engineers to review and manage environmental data for environmental reporting using EQuIS, SQL Server Management Studio, and Microsoft Office.
The position will consist of full-time data management including data upload and retrieval to cloud-hosted relational databases, performing quality control on laboratory data, and generating summaries of results.
Requirements and Qualifications
* Minimum 5 years of experience working in environmental consulting or in an environmental lab.
* Proven experience using EQuIS environmental data management software for loading and querying environmental data.
* Basic understanding of environmental sampling, chain-of-custody documentation procedures, and laboratory reporting.
* Interest in learning environmental data management tools and best practices.
* Able to follow detailed instructions; thorough and detail-oriented.
* Ability to focus on a single task to ensure completion.
* Knowledge regarding environmental consulting and engineering practices.
* Competent with MS Office suite including Word and Excel.
* Basic understanding of SQL, relational database structure and function, knowledge or application of scripting languages (e.g. Python, R-Stats, Ruby) preferred.
* Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team.
* Strong organizational and time management skills.
* Ability to work independently on assigned tasks as a well as accept direction on given assignments.
* Receive, review, and manage environmental data.
* Operate and maintain environmental database through upload and retrieval of data, screening levels, and cleanup levels.
* Prepare summary tables and other data deliverables including upload datasets for regulators/clients and datasets for modeling/GIS/CAD use.
* Conduct quality checks of data loaded to database against analytical laboratory reports, field notes, and other source documents.
* Tabulate field data and historical data for upload to database.
* Provide support to field and office personnel during field investigations and data collection.
* Improve data management workflow through application of best practices, organizational improvements, and coordination with other team members.
Farallon Consulting offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
* Employee Stock Ownership Plan for all employees. Farallon is 100% employee owned.
* Medical, Dental, Vision, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, and Life Insurance
* Vacation/Sick/Holiday Pay
* 401k with Employer Matching
* Health Savings Account/Flexible Spending Program
If you would like to be considered for this position with the Farallon team, submit a resume online at http://www.farallonconsulting.com/careers/current-openings.
Farallon Consulting, L.L.C. is an EEO employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, genetic information, age (except for bona fide occupational qualifications), sex, pregnancy (including childbirth or a related medical condition), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, military leave or service, status as a disabled veteran or other covered veteran status, participation in EEO protected activity, any other status protected by federal, state, or local law, or association with a person on the basis of one or more of the foregoing.