Carbon America is seeking a production engineer to provide evaluation and operational support for CO2 EOR and geologic sequestration projects in multiple phases of development. You will assist with reservoir evaluation, well design, technical report preparation, project planning and execution for new CO2 sequestration projects. This is a staff position that reports to the Vice President of Subsurface.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
· 5+ years of experience in oil field development or field operations.
· Excellent organizational skills
· A working familiarity with drilling and completions techniques.
· Good understanding of key well integrity issues.
· Good working knowledge of tools, completion and injection equipment.
· Strong understanding and knowledge of well control issues.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills using sound engineering principles.
· Excellent communication skills, including active listening skills.
· Bachelor's Degree in Petroleum, Chemical, or Mechanical Engineering.
· Experience with CO2 -EOR operations.
· Field experience with workover and well stimulation
· WellCAP certified (or equivalent)
· Work within a multi-discipline team to identify and optimize CO2 storage well configurations.
· Propose completion strategies for CO2 injection and monitoring wells.
· Analyze data to recommend monitoring and treatment processes to optimize injectivity.
· Design data capture and monitoring systems to ensure wellbore integrity and compliance with applicable regulations
· Work with senior staff and consultants to document field history and create well status summaries.
General Requirements and Job Details:
· Must be able to work at a computer for up to eight hours per day
· Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
· This position is based out of our Arvada, Colorado offices
· This is a Monday through Friday, Full-Time, Exempt position with a salary range of $90,000 - $120,000
· Benefits include:
o 401(k) + 401(k) matching
o Life AD&D insurance
o Optional supplemental insurances
o Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance plans with employer contribution
o Paid time off + Paid holidays
o Company ownership options
At Carbon America we believe that when you put the common good over personal gain you make the world a better place. We work together in alignment with our company's values to find solutions to climate change.
Carbon America is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status .