Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. The Group believes it is the world leader in food, environment and pharmaceutical products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the key emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing in Europe and the USA.
Group's key figures are approx. 3 billion Euros turnover, 800 laboratories across 44 countries and more than 50.000 staff.Job DescriptionEmployee Responsibilities:
• Perform a wide range of analyses primarily method development and validation of projects within, but not limited to, molecular biology areas of Biopharmaceutical Services. Meet TAT for assigned testing/projects and work independently.
• Review and evaluate raw data for acceptability. Assist other technical staff in evaluation of raw data for acceptability.
• Set up and validate new analytical or related processes used by the department. Lead a project through completion of the project. Be able to plan and organize work week and communicate schedule to management when required. Attend client facing meetings as needed.
• Document work as required for GMP compliance. Work with quality departments to ensure all documentation meets GMP requirements for each assay developed.
• Troubleshoot method and instrumentation problems; be proactive in solving technical problems.
• Train technical staff and perform internal data review as need arises.QualificationsThe Ideal Candidate would possess:
• Bachelor's with at least 5 years' experience, Masters with at least 3 years' experience or PhD with 2 years post-doctoral work will be considered.
• Extensive experience in molecular biology, as well as method development experience, particularly in qPCR, RT-qPCR and DNA sequencing, ELISA, Cell Based assays and Droplet Digital PCR.
• Proficiency in gel electrophoresis methodology, including Northern and Southern blotting is preferred.
• Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills; previous experience with any LIMS.
• Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude.
• Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies.Minimum Qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree in molecular/cellular biology or other related degree concentration, or equivalent directly-related experience; Master's or Doctorate preferred but not required
• At least three years hands on experience in a molecular/cell biology laboratory; industry and/or contract testing experience desired
• Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorshipAdditional Information
Position is full-time, Monday-Friday, 9Â a.m.-5 p.m OR 2 p.m.-10 p.m., with overtime as needed.Â Candidates currently living in a commutable distance to Lancaster, PA are encouraged to apply.
What we Offer:
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
- Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays