Develops implements and monitors project site environmental conditions to comply with environmental agency regulations and mitigate potential environmental liabilities.
* Develops, implements and monitors environmental procedures on a construction project site. Implement and train project work crews and management team regarding potential environmental issues and procedures.
* Identifies documents and resolves project site environmental risks or discrepancies during daily site walks. Documents findings, evaluations and inspections using Company prescribed procedures and software.
* Advises project management on proper interpretation and implementation of environmental regulations and specifications.
* Documents, analyzes and reports environmental performance to internal and external clients and regulatory bodies.
* Advises construction team on environmental hazards and procedures to minimize adverse environmental effects.
* Perform additional assignments per managements direction.
* Performs impact assessments to identify, assess and reduce the projects environmental risks and financial costs.
* Coordinates external consultants, as needed.
* Maintains knowledge of Companys values and strategic plan.
* Support published corporate policies.
* Bachelor's Degree in Environmental Engineering or a related field required.
* 5+ years environmental regulatory and compliance experience in the construction industry required.
* Expert knowledge of compliance with environmental regulations and new legislation.
Some of the benefits you may be eligible for as an employee are
* Comprehensive compensation package and paid time off program
* Industry leading 401(k)/RRSP
* Medical/Extended Health Care, Dental, Vison and/or Provincial Medical
* Wellness benefits & Employee Assistance Program
* Tuition Reimbursement Program
We are an EEO/AA/ADA/Veterans employer.