In this role you will be a member of VBCsTechnical Operationsteam. As part of theQualityteam,you will be responsible for
* Implements and maintains company policies adhering to local,state,and federal environmental, health and safety regulations.
* Involved in the design and development of facilities, work areas and work procedures and makes environmental, health and safety recommendations accordingly.
* Responsible for preparing, maintaining, and updating environmental policy and procedure manuals.
* Serves as contact with all federal, state, and local regulatory bodies.
* ExecuteHSE programs and tools to execute HSE efficiently and effectively throughout the factory.
* Ensures the safety and well-being of all employees,contractors,and visitors.
* Leads by example and promotes a proactive safety environment and culture.
* Proactively coaches/teaches workforce hazard identification and mitigation.
* Tests effectiveness of HSE programs through routine (daily, weekly, etc.) walks, checklists, and audits.
* Drivessolution resolution of HSE activities and improvement opportunities.
* Performs data analysis (i.e., incident rates, trends), as needed.
* Builds relationships with employees to create an environment of trust and collaboration.
* Communicates daily with employees to help them understand HSE focus areas/elements and status of items still in progress.
* EvaluatesJobHazard Analysis (JHA) implementation.
* Evaluates personal protective equipment (PPE) needs related to factory activities and employee functions.
* Conducts training, as needed, and evaluation of prior training effectiveness.
* Assists with the following programs:
* Incident Management notification,drugand alcohol program, return to work, etc.
* Environmental stormwater, air, reporting, sampling, etc.
* Health PPE needs, compliance, evaluations, etc.
* Supports safety meeting execution.
* Implement and maintain theSafety Committee
* Assists with incident triage, documentation, and closure of corrective actions.
* Proactively works withManufacturingLeadershipto ensure alignment ofVBCinitiatives, strategies, and outlooks across the company.
* Experience working withregulatory bodiesand a knowledge of federal,stateand local government HSE regulations (OSHA, ANSI, NFPA, EPA, DOT, IBC, etc.).
WHAT YOU WILL ACHIEVE
Over the next year we will begin and ramp production of our Tracy, CA facility. For this role, the milestones are as follows:
* After3 monthsyou willhave successfully trainedallteams on HSE policiesandwill bemanufacturingprototype building productsontheproduction lines
* After6 monthsyour teamwill have ramped up production to maximizethroughput ona single shiftwhile maintaining low incident rates and following safety practices
* After12 monthsyouwill have prepared your team and internal leadership with the necessary resources to begin production on a second shift.