The position will ensure compliance with all applicable regulations and laws associated to the mining industry, including, but not limited to the federal SMCRA and CWA, and CAA. This includes record keeping, filing, field monitoring, filling out monitoring reports, reviewing regulations and interacting with mine personnel in order to accomplish assigned tasks. Strong computer skills in the area of MS Office are necessary, with the ability to learn new software quickly. The position will also analyze data and prepare summary reports and communications as needed.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
* Minimum A.S. Degree in Engineering, Environmental Science or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
* Knowledge of permitting and on site environmental requirements is a plus.
* Proven excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
* Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
* A fast learner with leadership qualities.
* Proficiency in word processing and spreadsheet software.
* 3 to 5 years of Mining Experience
* AutoCAD and ServCadd software training
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Powerpoint
We are an equal opportunity employer with competitive compensation and excellent benefits. Those individuals searching for a challenging and rewarding opportunity should apply.