Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States Immunology
BlueRock Therapeutics, Cambridge location is expanding, and a key position to be hired is a Director, Macrophage Biology within the Immunology group. This role will lead the discovery and preclinical development of macrophage cell therapies. Additionally, this position will have key leadership responsibilities within the Immunology group and is an outstanding opportunity for a talented and self-motivated scientist to develop cutting-edge cellular therapies. Responsibilities
- Lead and mentor a scientific team developing novel macrophage cell therapies
- Drive projects from inception to proof of concept, establishing key criteria and decision points for project progression; identify targets and novel screening strategies to facilitate decision making
- Provide strategic input and scientific direction in the development of novel macrophage cell therapies
- Prioritize activities and resources to ensure timeline adherence and project progress against defined goals
- Identify and collaborate with strategic partners from academic, industry, and/or CROs to advance macrophage programs
- Collaborate with BlueRock's various functional teams and groups to contribute to IND-enabling/Proof of Concept studies
- Develop key in vitro and in vivo assays to interrogate macrophage biology
- Work closely and collaboratively in a multi-disciplinary research team; build and maintain essential cross-functional relationships across BlueRock
- Contribute to building a culture that embraces scientific excellence, integrity, urgency, community and self-improvement.
- Perform additional duties to support the safe and efficient operation of the laboratory, and other duties as assigned.
- Manage team and program budgets as required
Other Relevant Information
- Ph.D. (or equivalent) in Immunology, Cell Biology, Immuno-oncology, Autoimmunity or related discipline with at least 10 years experience in biotech or pharmaceutical industry is required
- Demonstrated expertise and in-depth knowledge of macrophage biology is required
- Experience in the development of therapies for treatment of autoimmune or inflammatory diseases is preferred
- Experience and familiarity in the preclinical development of cell and gene therapies is preferred (e.g., IND and regulatory report writing)
- Experience in strategic planning, project leadership, laboratory and budget management is expected
- Effective communicator with excellent interpersonal and organizational skills is required; cross-functional collaboration is expected
- Proficiency in analysis, presentation, and documentation of scientific data as well as preparation of reports is required
- Experience in hiring, supervising, evaluating, and developing direct reports in a matrix or distributed environment is required
- Motivated to build a culture of innovation with aspirations to develop products that will change the lives of people with serious diseases, their families and society
Equal Opportunity Workplace
- Candidate will be working in office and controlled laboratory environments.
- There is a risk of potential exposure to chemicals, viral vectors and gene editing reagents, and biohazards consistent with somatic cell therapy culture.
- Working in the laboratory requires mandatory use of personal protective equipment.
- Understanding and compliance to an aseptic environment as required
- Limited travel required (
: At BlueRock, we welcome and support differences and diversity and we are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Please let us know if you require disability-related accommodation or other grounds protected by human rights legislation during the recruitment process so that we can work with you to meet your needs.
BlueRock Therapeutics does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits.