Do you want to be part of an exciting company dedicated to solving the greatest challenge humanity faces? Then Plantible Foods is the place for you. We were founded in 2018 to create a truly sustainable global food system by developing the most functional and best tasting food ingredients in the world, starting with a plant-based protein (Rubi Protein?), a plant-based alternative for Whey, Casein and Egg White. Following successful customer trials, we are now preparing for the next steps in our journey, including production scale up and process optimization.
Plantible is seeking a Research Scientist who will be responsible for the genomic assessment and genetic engineering of aquatic plants, biochemical analysis, and data analytics to support cultivation operations. This is a research role working on a real farm, where you will be involved in indoor cultivation experiments, laboratory quality control method development, as well as outdoor greenhouse research.
What you will be working on
* Grow and perform physiological assessment of aquatic plants
* Perform genetic and phenotypic evaluations and genetic improvement protocols
* Perform genetic improvement programs on aquatic plants
* Support data collection and perform basic bioinformatic analysis (e.g. summarize data from NGS data from DNA and RNA/cDNA/scRNA seq sequencing)
* Design and carry plant growth experiments
* Maintain data and plant sample collections
* Manage laboratory inventory, and other job-related activities as requested by the supervisor
What you have:
* Advanced degree in any of the following disciplines: Environmental Science, Plant Sciences/Horticulture, Ecology, Agronomy, Biochemistry, Biology, Biotechnology, Cell Biology, Microbiology, Molecular Biology, Marine Biology
* Experience working in a laboratory settings
* Experience using biochemical methods and assays (e.g. protein extraction and quantification)
* Experience in genetic engineering of plants is desirable
* Experience performing bioinformatics analysis is desirable
* Ability to work in fast-paced environment, where involvement in other projects or a change in schedule may sometimes be required to meet company goals
* Being a self-motivated team player, who is detail oriented, adheres to deadlines and has a passion for plant biology
Why Plantible Foods:
Becoming part of Plantible means contributing to sustainable future for all. We are venture funded startup that is trying to make sure that we not only spread happiness amongst our employees, but also to current and future generations. We believe diversity creates uniqueness. Our diverse international team of highly talented people has different interests and hobbies and we support them all. Additional Plantible benefits:
* a BBQ-worthy garden
* Working in a rapidly growing, flexible and entrepreneurial environment
* Bi-weekly Friday socials
* And of course, lots of beautiful land to practice any outdoor activity you can imagine!
We also offer (financial) support with your relocation, if necessary, ensuring a smooth transition into living in sunny and beautiful Southern California.
Plantible Foods is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, gender identify, sexual orientation, national origin, liability for military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. If you are interested in learning the status of your application, please note you will be contacted directly by the appropriate human resources contact person if you are selected for further consideration. Plantible Foods reserves the right to defer or close a vacancy at any time.