GZA GeoEnvironmental, Inc. (GZA) is currently seeking a Wetland Scientist/Project Manager or Senior Project Manager :who has experience in biology/ecology/natural resources or related sciences to join our growing Ecology Practice in our Springfield, Massachusetts or Glastonbury, Connecticut: office. The qualified individual must have experience conducting natural resource evaluations and permitting and be able to effectively coordinate field work, direct and support other technical staff, interact in the field with clients, stakeholders and contractors, and manage budgets, invoicing and schedules. Prior experience with utility and transportation projects is highly desirable as is comprehensive knowledge of the following environmental permit programs: Federal - U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Sections 404/10, NEPA; and MA and CT wetlands and natural resource permitting programs. Experience with similar permitting programs in NY and RI is desirable, but not required. Certification in soils, wetlands, ecological restoration, stormwater/erosion control, and wildlife is highly desirable.
GZA's culture is one of inclusiveness, support, flexibility, accountability, and opportunity. In our Springfield, MA office, we all enjoy working together and supporting each other on our projects and enjoy an excellent camaraderie.
* Managing projects and project teams, delegating to office and field staff, and executing day-to-day activities of projects
* Assisting with leadership aspects for growth of Ecological Services in southern New England
* Conducting wetland delineations and assessments
* Conducting wildlife habitat assessments
* Coordinating project tasks and permit application preparations to meet deadlines
* Conducting internal and client communications
* Monitoring team performance for compliance with contractual agreements, project deliverable timelines and budgets
* Providing business development support
* Preparing proposals and reviewing/writing reports with Principal guidance and review
* Managing project contractual and financial issues (including terms of agreement, changes in scope, billings and collections processes)
* Regulatory interpretation for project design and permitting pathway determination
* Participating in meetings and agency consultation
* Bachelor's degree in Biology, Ecology, Soils, Environmental Science, or related discipline. (Graduate/Master's training/degree preferred.)
* 10+ years of experience in environmental consulting services, including proven experience performing and managing natural resource evaluations, local, state and federal permitting, environmental monitoring, wetland delineations, biological assessments and SWPPP inspections.
* Highly motivated self-starter with a professional attitude.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills, good time management, coordination, and interpersonal skills.
* Demonstrate good professional judgment, consistency, strong attention to detail, and background of high-quality work products.
* Ability to work independently and within a team.
* Strong ecological/environmental analytical skills.
* Must be willing to learn and improve regulatory knowledge.
* Willingness to travel locally and regionally.
* A valid driver's license is required.
* Must possess excellent field skills, experience on active construction sites, and ability to document methods and results. Experience with erosion and sedimentation control applications and invasive species control are a plus.
* Basic knowledge of ArcGIS/Auto CAD/ MicroStation is desirable.
* Working knowledge of data collection methods (e.g., GPS).
GZA GeoEnvironmental, Inc. is an Affirmative/Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, marital or veteran status, age or other protected status.
GZA values diversity and is committed to providing an accepting and inclusive work environment for all employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. GZA does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, marital or veteran status, age or other protected status.