SGS is the worlds leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognised as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 94,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
We believe in People First. At the heart of the services we provide is identifying and assisting in the elimination of health risks to people. We value our employees and the role they play in meeting this foundational purpose. We believe in Client Partners for Life. We create client relationships for life by being a valued and effective part of their organization. We partner with like minded leaders to find remedies that are helpful to people and the environment. We believe in Quality. We apply an ethical and accurate scientific method consistently. The science and our commitment to the public and the environment, stand at the forefront of our commitment to quality on a daily basis.
We are seeking a team player with stellar analytical and communication skills to become part of a solid and successful team already in place. This is a full-time, benefited position at 40 hours per week with the possibility of overtime.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to
* Environmental microbiology
* Sample preparation and analysis
* Data reporting
* Minimum of bachelors degree in a life science is required; biology, mycology, or microbiology
* Laboratory experience, especially microscopy, a plus
* Comfortable handling live bacteria and fungal cultures
* Experience analyzing non-viable fungal air samples by microscopy a plus
* High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
* Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Strong computer skills
* Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask
* Ability to comply with existing processes and adapt to new processes and/ or changes within the organization
* Team player with positive, respectful attitude
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the companys rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a call back. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.